Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried out that new autodry carwash solution from Mr Clean??

I want to know if you really don't have to dry your car and it leaves it spot free.

The spray kit with a bottle of solution and their filter is $21.99 at K-mart and I think you can wash your car 8 times with it. That's a good deal if you really don't have to hand dry or blow dry your car. I want to get it but I'm a little skeptical. Lemme hear ur feedback guys. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmm

Honestly, if you have good wax on ur MO, drying it with two bath towels only takes a minute. I fold the towel in half and toss out one end across the top so it lays flat and drag it around while I walk around the car. Two passes with each end and it is dry up there. The same I do with the hood with the other towel, it doesn't get drenched so I use it on the doors and glass. I put one end on the top of the door at the bottom of the glass and the other end against the bottom of the door and walk down it--90% gone, just a few touchups after that.
I use turtle wax car wash--without the wax in it, I neva have water spots--it says right on the side of the bottle--Spotless! I usually have to rewax the dark grey portion on the lower rear bumper every two weeks because of light streaks from rain water.

AND....

I can't believe I made it through pine pollen season here without strokin. All I did was rinse it each morning before leaving for work, it was the cleanest car in the deck at work.

about rinsing for lack of spots....
I have one of those poles with the rain spayer head on it. I wash in sections and deluge the area, have done that for years. Sometimes da Wifey follows me rinsing while I wash, course then I have to wash hers too.....

hehe

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
It does work.

However, the filters are only good for 2 or 3 washes, so you constantly have to buy more.

The last step(rinse with filtered water) takes forever because the stream of water is so small and you have to cover the entire car.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
geeeze....that was a heck of a thread for a "time saver", seems that more energy was used there to type the posts and find/buy the stuff than wanted to be spent drying the dang car.
:rolleyes:

the reason I use turtle wax wash is cause my wax I use sheets off so well I can't get the dang thing wet! The TW wash actually cleans off those whisps of road tar and bug guts and it suds quite nicely--WITHOUT taking off any wax. I think a gallon of the soap cost me like $12.00, that will last me about 3 years with 2 cars to wash--no kiddin.
I used to use the TW ZIP with wax innit but found the windows were awful hard to keep spot free and they acted weird in the rain.

I think the issue is more pointed at the wax used. Yes, I understand the spotting thing, but for the life of me I can't understand why it is such a burden to dry the dang car with a towel or two--it only takes 10 minutes!
:confused:

·
Registered
758 Posts
mgthe3

I have to wash and dry in shifts, wash the roof - dry the roof, wash the back - dry the back,. If I wait to dry the roof after I wash the backend it is already full of spots.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
ahhh, ultra hard water there? Is it calcium?

·
Registered
758 Posts
mgthe3

Must be calcium. Nice big white blotches. I got the Coupons for the Mr. Clean system and am thinking about getting it. It sure would make washing the car alot less hassle if I won't be getting the water spots.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I looked into filters for you hard water guys....
They are expensive. I see that MC probably uses a baby resin bed filter to trap ionized calcium and iron--but more for the calcium I bet.
Hence the lack of times you can use it. As many of you guyz know, water softner/filters, for whole house filtering, require a brine tank to make the resin bed release the trapped calcium particles....not an option on the MC filter so it becomes non-filtering.
If you can get 3 washes from it, I now understand the reasoning for purchasing one--at least for the hard water gang. I might still have a problem with the "polymer" that MC wants you to apply--I think the wax of your choice applied to other than glass may make you a bit happier than the film that folks talked about on the diatribe post.

I feel for you hard water guyz--That water would drive me nuts!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've been using the Mr. Clean system since it came out. In S. FL, the water is brown and full of who knows what, so unless you want to hold a drying towel in one hand and the soap mitt in the other it's a good alternative. It's great for the wheels also. The filtered water takes a good 3 minutes to soak the MO, but it does work. Haven't had to replace the filter yet. I personally don't like the soap. It suds much too much and has an odd perfume. I prefer the TW but don't put it in the dispenser. I still use the bucket and mitt and use the Mr. Clean for the rinse and filter rinse. I also use it to just rinse the nightly pollution off. Rinse and drive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a Mr. Clean kit as a gift from a friend. She swears by it and uses it on her own car. I recently had a chance to finally use it. It works quite well and as advertised. Maybe it's just me but I still keep a chamois around after the fact.

·
Registered
256 Posts
There are always a few errant drips and drops. If I'm in a hurry I'll towel dry or blow dry it with the leaf blower. Blower seems to get all the excess water hiding in the sideview mirrors, window trim and lug holes and is much easier than getting the step ladder out and hand drying the room and rails.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a pressure washer a few months ago, I used it on the weekend for the first time and it worked great, it is an expensive piece of equipment but it is worth it, to have. I also bought the Mr. Clean kit but I haven't use it yet due to the cold weather. I heard it works well and I can wait to try it, I think it's a good thing to have especially if you want to do a quick job, however I enjoy washing and drying my MO using the chamois.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mr. Clean Car Wash

Work's great, I had my doughts and was cautious when using it at first. Have used it about six times and so far perfect.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts