Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the huge problem is I purchased t Silver AWD SL and my salesman is at the Detroit auto show. So I have to wait until Wednesday to pick up my car. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :roll:

·
4,664 Posts
That sounds a lot worse than the two transimissions and one engine that were replaced on my GMC Jimmy. That'll teach you for buying Japanese! You'd know the people at the dealership a lot better, if you bought American!

:wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol

This is my first import, ya mean I wont know all the people in the service dept by there first name. Well as far as horror storries go nothing could be worse than the 1993 Ford Thunderbird SC, I was constantly at the dealer with that piece of Junk. I have always thought people who bought Imports were Idiots, but now I see why the buy the foreign products. The bad thing is what does that say about us americans, I guess the big 3 have to improve there overall QC if they want to stay in competition with Japan. These cars drive better than american cars, last twice as long, I am just geeked and can't wait till Wednesday. :oops: And by the way I feel as if were brothers my first car was a 1989 GMG Jimmy was an awesome car despite the fact I had to replace 4 starters in it. I was just so impressed with the overall quality of the MUrano compared to the competition, I looked at the Rx300 and MDX and thought the Murano was much nice than those.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: lol

sounds like your salesman is the best at that dealership...i'm sure nisasn would want great representation at the detroit auto show. sounds like you are excited, as i would be and still am, about getting your murano. hey, just a couple more days!!! you can do it!

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, it's funny...

The big three have to offer incentives to sell vehicles. The Japanese manufacturers don't.

The Jimmy was a great vehicle when it was running right. The service was crappy. And I never had a crankshaft break before! Yes, that's right, that big drop-forged machined hunk of metal that goes down the centre of the engine....

My Maxima's engine is a sweet dream. It's such a smooth engine, that I just delight in letting it sing through it's range, as it pulls me beyond the legal limit.

I have never enjoyed a vehicle more, than my Nissan. And I grew up loving GM products. Like my Dad's '59 Caddie, '62 Olds, '64 Buick Electra, '69 Old's Delta 88, '72 Olds...

I even had a '72 Chrysler Newport (18'3" long) that was a two door. (The doors had more metal in them than my whole Maxima.) and I loved that car. Had Fords, Chev's, VW's, Audi, and not a one have I enjoyed as much as my 2K Maxima.

I have to wait a month for my Murano.... Sob sob sob...

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, Jaak...

I notice by your list of GM cars that you had to replace them every three years. I've had mostly foreign cars for the last 30 years and never had one last less than 6 or under 150k. My last car was a Subaru SVX. Its now 11 years old 185k and still has another 70-100k left in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts