Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer said it was the first time they saw that. I found 3 human hair in the final clearcoat of my brand new MO. And not all in the same area as expected if something had been repainted. One was on the driver's mirror (on top), the second on the driver's upper door pillar and the last one on the passenger's front fender (on top of it).

The dealer removed them very quickly ans simply actually but I wonder if anyone else already had a similar experience. This MO of mine must have been in pretty bad shape coming out of the paint room to be clearcoated by hand to such an extent (both sides)(which is the most probable cause of this).

I logged a complaint on my Nissan survey but I'm not holding my breath waiting to receive any explanation.

I told the dealer that it was the first time that I heard of a paint robot so old that it was loosing its hair! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're not alone I have a couple on mine,drivers door at the top near the window and another on the right fender above the headlight.They both look more like an eyelash hair.

·
5,244 Posts
This is all about QC (Quality Control). Seems that Nissan has slipped lately.........

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know if this is relevant issue but I am experiencing some blemish of decoloration under the clear coat on the roof of my MO.
Asked the service advisor when I was in dealer for an oil change and he kind of agreed that it may be manufacturing defect. But to get a warrenty covered repaint of whole roof that he needs his supervisor agree and also some tech from nissan has to come out and agree.
I am just waiting a little more whether it will spread out but certainly there seems like QC issue of painting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts