Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much should I expect to pay to fill up my Murano??? Just got it the other day and haven't had to fill up yet. I just don't want to be shocked when I do so I'd like to hear how much I'll be expected to shell out!!
In Canadian prices please!

·
4,664 Posts
I've paid as much as $70. Are you still laughing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was kind of thinking around the $60 mark - $70.....yikes. I guess I won't be taking the child for long drives while he naps anymore!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jaak,
I noticed on your website that you put on the Hidden Hitch...how much did you pay for it and from where and did you install it and was it difficult in any way?
I tried to work a hitch in with the deal of the Murano but they didn't budge with it. Nissan charges $699.00 for it!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Jdog said:
Jaak,
I noticed on your website that you put on the Hidden Hitch...how much did you pay for it and from where and did you install it and was it difficult in any way?
I tried to work a hitch in with the deal of the Murano but they didn't budge with it. Nissan charges $699.00 for it!
My Class Two Hidden Hitch was $225 from a local hitch shop. You will do better on the hitch by staying away from the dealer.

·
4,664 Posts
The $70 was the most I've paid, it's usually around $60 when I'm running it dry.

I got the hitch from, uh, er, ahhh, a place on Dixie Rd, south of the 401... Uh.... Oh, thank yellowpages.ca, it's Hitch City. Cost me a couple of hundred. I think 180 plus tax, if I recall correctly, but that was over two years ago.

There's a procedure they give, where you have to drop the muffler, but I found that I could slide it in, over the exhaust tips, with some slight bending of the plastic bumper. Not much. Others have not been able to do it, so no guarantees.

One thing I'd suggest. Paint it befor you put it on. The paint that comes on it, could be better. Sort of like those $150 Bar B Q's, they rust out in two years if you don't paint them, and 6 years if you do.

The Nissan hitch is a different bumper. They have to take out your old one and put in the new one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The most I paid on any one fill-up is $44 (American Dollars). Don't know the current exhange rate for Canadian $$.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Jdog said:
How much should I expect to pay to fill up my Murano??? Just got it the other day and haven't had to fill up yet. I just don't want to be shocked when I do so I'd like to hear how much I'll be expected to shell out!!
In Canadian prices please!
Here is the Canadian website that tracks fuel cost across the country. www.mjervin.com/WPPS. enjoy:D

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
Re: Re: Humor Me!!

Stoker said:

Here is the Canadian website that tracks fuel cost across the country. www.mjervin.com/WPPS. enjoy:D
Just posting the corrected link by stoker

Link

max i paid was about 70$
nowadays its 87.9 for 87 and 91.4 for 91 octane.

it is really pain to see this hike after my 3.0L taurus was full in 45$ but, it was FORD.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I always refill at 1/4 tank. It always costs about $30-$36. Premium (93) is $2.09 a gallon here in Atlanta, at Costco.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I've paid $80 CAD before when REALLY empty. It's normally about $1 per L (91 octane or better) in Eastern Ontario these days, with an 82 L tank.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
How much should I expect to pay to fill up my Murano???

There is a station around here that will give you a 5 year ballon note mortgage in exchange for your gassing up the MO!
:D

I really find it much less shocking to fill up between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. You're not saving anything and you're back more often. It's just a mental thing for me to drop 30 bucks at the station rather than 50.
Bob1

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, but the drive to TX from Ontario, sucks...

Currency conversion today... The US $ isn't what it used to be.

Currency conversion results
Date: 1 in US dollars (noon) equals: Exchange rate:
31 May 2005 1.25 Canadian dollars 1.2510 (0.7994)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Now I’m going to get you’ll annoyed, filling up from when the fuel light was on, just 72 Saudi Riyals. That’s about 11 pound sterling or 20 US Dollars.

However, other imported goods are expensive (Corn Flakes nearly 3 pound per box, 6 US Dollars), so its swings and roundabouts. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts