Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HVAC temperature control on my MO does not appear to be accurate nor precise. I find that I am frequently adjusting the temperature in order to maintain a comfortable environment. Does anyone else experience this?

On my Jeep GC I could set the temp control to 70 in the winter or 69 in the summer and never have to change the setting. It always managed to maintain the proper temp regardless of vehicle speed, sunlight, or passenger load. However, on the MO I find that I need to lower the setting to 66 on sunny days to keep the cabin at 70 . (I used a FLUKE digital thermometer to confirm temps.) On cooler days a setting closer to 70 will maintain the correct temp.

I also experienced a similar problem in the winter, sometimes having to increase the temp setting to 74 to maintain a 70 degree cabin temp.

It is not a problem with the heating/cooling capacity because the fan speed is usually in the lower range (on the AUTO setting).

Is this problem unique to my MO or do others also experience this? Maybe I was just spoiled by the Jeep's excellent temperature control.

Thanx in advance for you assistance.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
Joe,

I do not think you are “unique” J

I am experiencing similar problem. No, I have not confirmed it with a digital thermometer but I do find myself adjusting temperature quite often. It is not a big deal though I agree with you – given the “smartness” of Murano electronics the control should be better…

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
On my Murano, it is the one thing that has worked extremely well since launch.

Don't have a digital thermometer either but I have a wife who reacts to a 1 degree change. She loves it.

My side is 74, her side is 76. When we change drivers, we change the settings for both sides.

At least on my Murano, it is one of the best subsystems I have ever had.

Homer

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I never checked with a dig therm. but I find that some users are "thrown off" if the airflow is blowing diretly on them. Its feels differently. This doesn't apply to you since you are actually measuring the temp so I'm not even sure why I posted this.

Over and out. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Not a problem for me. I leave mine at 60 all the time, except during the winter, when I set it at 61, just to get the heat to turn on. :D

What can I say, I like it chilly freezing cold. Keeps me awake and alert. Warm car = sleepy car.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
always something to fidget with

Living where I do, humidity plays a big role in the comfort level both in the summer and the winter. Unless the Murano shipped with a humidifier/dehumidifier, one setting could never be perfect all year for my wife and I. For the first 6 months of having the car and getting used to climate control vs temperature control, it was normal practice for me to hit AUTO and then AC to turn off the AC. I never liked the fact that the AC comes on with AUTO.

For last year and this year, I'm now aggravated that the system doesn't seem to take the outside temperature into account. When the air temperature is 68, but its 80 inside thanks to the sun, and I have the climate control at 69, I usually end up turning off the fan altogether, opening all the windows and sunroof for a few minutes, then closing up and hitting AUTO. Saves a lot of workload on the AC and fan.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Re: always something to fidget with

EasternPA said:
Living where I do, humidity plays a big role in the comfort level both in the summer and the winter. Unless the Murano shipped with a humidifier/dehumidifier, one setting could never be perfect all year for my wife and I. For the first 6 months of having the car and getting used to climate control vs temperature control, it was normal practice for me to hit AUTO and then AC to turn off the AC. I never liked the fact that the AC comes on with AUTO.

For last year and this year, I'm now aggravated that the system doesn't seem to take the outside temperature into account. When the air temperature is 68, but its 80 inside thanks to the sun, and I have the climate control at 69, I usually end up turning off the fan altogether, opening all the windows and sunroof for a few minutes, then closing up and hitting AUTO. Saves a lot of workload on the AC and fan.
Ah something is wrong here.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts