Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
4,601 Posts
I guess they haven't heard the expression, "look before you leap" as that's kind of ugly... Which, of course, is subjective.

I looked at it and all I could think of was that it was inspired by an FX and a Murano, in certain aspects. Not that it's either.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
But they did look before they lept....that's jsut a concept vehicle.

the V8 is going to be put into their existing mid sized SUV.
Smart, IMO.

Homer

·
4,601 Posts
Well, I'll be the first to admit that I've seen vehicles come out that I thought at first, were ugly, and then ended up having one an liking it.

The Ford Taurus was ugly when it came out. I bought one in 1995 and I still like the looks of it. (It was an SE, so it had SHO looks, but no Yamaha engine.)

Rather uninspiring to drive now... I drove it a couple of months back. (Borrowed from the In-Laws)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The article suggests that the V8 will go into the next Santa Fe, which will be about the size of a Toyota Highlander (and I guess you could say the Murano). If Hyundai could pull it off - a refined V8 SUV under $35,000, people will buy it. Something I read is that Hyundai will be dropping warranties from 10 years to 5 years on the powertrain on all new models. I hope they don't become "Toyota confident" and start decontenting too.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
we used to own a hyundai Santa fe before the murano and i was part and still am part of the santa fe forum. the new santa fe will not have a v8 engine. only the new 3.8 v6 with 260+ hp. the v8(which is i believe the second on in hyundai history) will power there new rear drive luxury car(compete with mercedes bmw and the M45) and there large suv which isn't due out for a while still. i kinda like this concept. if only it wasn't so raised station wagonish.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I like the looks of the concept too. It reminds me of a sleeker RX330. The dash made me think of the Subaru B9 Tribeca.

It gives off a longer look than it probably is, due to the low profile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts