Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I start my MO the Nav system puts up a screen full of legal mumbo-jumbo and requires me to respond by clicking in the "I AGREE" box. This is totally ridiculous. Can I disable it somehow?

·
5,268 Posts
this is what happens when common sense is replaced by lawyers' bs...........

·
Registered
202 Posts
Kris said:
this is what happens when common sense is replaced by lawyers' bs...........
Not that I want to be in the position of defending lawyers :eek: , but the disclaimers wouldn't be there if we, the public, didn't file so many frivilous lawsuits and refuse to take responsibility for our own stupid behavior. I would imagine that there has been more than one lawsuit arising from someone who smashed their vehicle while trying to program a navigation system when they were driving.

Jeff

·
Registered
487 Posts
I thought of something the other day...

What if there was a way to bypass this so the passenger could program the NAV while driving?

Normally many of the NAV functions are disabled when driving. What if the system could tell when someone is sitting in the passenger seat and could then allow the NAV to be programmed?

Obviously a way to circumvent that would be to put something heavy in the passenger seat, but I don't know too many people who will put a cinderblock over there just to be able to program their nav while driving.

That being said, does the MO disable the passenger airbag if there is nobody in the passenger seat? I saw a Yukon with this feature (it actually had a little light that said when the pass airbag was on) and thought it was nifty. Saves one airbag replacement in the event of an accident.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Doombringer said:

What if there was a way to bypass this so the passenger could program the NAV while driving?
Reason # 54 for choosing the Magellan GPS. You can set up to 3 different users. By default, user 1 is always the driver, with limited moving programming ability. User 2 is designated the passenger and has full programming abilities on the fly. When I start the car, using two clicks, I set user 2 up as chief navigator and off we go.

·
5,268 Posts
jpburk said:

Not that I want to be in the position of defending lawyers :eek: , but the disclaimers wouldn't be there if we, the public, didn't file so many frivilous lawsuits and refuse to take responsibility for our own stupid behavior. I would imagine that there has been more than one lawsuit arising from someone who smashed their vehicle while trying to program a navigation system when they were driving.

Jeff
this is my point.........lawyers encourage lack of responsibility because of frivolous lawsuits..........there are too many people trying to make quick bucks without work................

eh, let's enjoy Christmas before they become "politically incorrect".

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have no idea how valuable your post is about the "I AGREE". My Murano with 68Ks had it' drivers seat break off. I believe Nissan had an legal obligation to tell me (acknowledge) that it is possible that for no apparent reason this might happen, and I could be in danger because of this. NISSAN decided my safety wasn't that important so they chose to not inform me and ignore me. I drove 500 kms not knowing the true danger I was in.

However, Nissan is telling you their protection with the I AGREE is important to cover their buts. Judges love to hear this one-sided crap.

To all future Murano purchasers...run for cover. And it you work for Nissan, Lawyers are planning your demise this very moment. Seek shelter...you've been warned.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I could be wrong, but didn't someone figure out a hack a while back? I swear I read a thread from the good ol' days where a computer savvy member had written a command that bypassed the licensing agreement, maybe by auto-agreeing or something. I believe he even had a link to the file on his sig to share with others. From what I remember, people were really happy with his fix.

Old timers, what say ye? ;)

Patrick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts