1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my headlights don't project light no more lol
diead at 6.5k miles.
haha..

is this the doing of the alternator? my car still runs fine....

i am cluelesss...

my passenger headlight died first then i thought i popped my bulb, i replaced it, the light produced was so weak that my cellphone does a brighter glow. then my driver side headlight died as well. now i have to drive my fog lights at night.

This is a factory default right??
Sometimes wen i turn on my engine, my AC turns on on its own lol.
the screen shows my radio turned on but there is no sound until i press the power button.

gotta bring it back to the dealer to have the problems fixed.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Gremlins? I suspect that it isn't the alternator because if that was the problem the car would be inoperable.

That's crazy. Good luck getting it fixed and be sure to let us know the source of the problem.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure will let u guys know whats going on..
just hoping my car won't stop working lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
My alternator died on Thursday before New Years. While driving the Battery and Parking Brake light came on the dash and didn't go out. Luckily the dealer was able to replace it that day.

My vehicle has 7600 miles.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yeah sounds more like a bad relay or rodents chewing through your wiring, and not an alternator issue (as stated above, you would get the battery and abs light on, and your engine would eventually die).

·
Registered
301 Posts
I hoping the 2005s have fixed the alternator problem. I should be getting mine in the week or 2.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I looked at the above list of people with alternator failures, and saw that there was 8 repeat failures, which leads me to believe that the replacement alternators are the same as the originals only new? Have there not been any fixes to this alternator problems on the replacement alternators? I am now really worried that mine will go out. My Mo is an '04.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also, I did notice that sometimes when I turn the ignition off with the radio still on and then while later turn on the ignition again, the radio will come back on showing the station it was on before ingition turn off, but it acts as if it wasnt tuned to it and does not play anything unless I hit power twice.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
When is your dealer appointment?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts