Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I officially christened the MO this morning. I broke my own "no eating in the car" rule and had a cup of coffee, and when I went to set it in the cup holder it slipped out of my hand and landed hard and coffee shot upwards out of the lid and all over the center console, cup holders, drivers seat, and carpet. :(

*sigh* I think I got it all cleaned up -- but I hate that kind of thing. You always feel like you missed a spot...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
We were given the Murano for an evening before we bought it. Not knowing of the fancy drink holder and all the options - my wife and I had 'securely' put our cups in the holder and around the corner we go...

We thought about asking for a different Murano as this one was soiled. But it had everything we wanted and was the only one they had with everything we wanted so we kept her and all her blemishes. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
We were given the Murano for an evening before we bought it. Not knowing of the fancy drink holder and all the options - my wife and I had 'securely' put our cups in the holder and around the corner we go...

We thought about asking for a different Murano as this one was soiled. But it had everything we wanted and was the only one they had with everything we wanted so we kept her and all her blemishes. :)
Whenever an accident like that happens in the car, I just chalk up to adding "character" to the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
Yep - I was just glad it was my wife's cup that tipped and she was the one driving. I was merely an innocent on-looker.

I was a bit upset - why? No injuries - no death.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
i've broke that rule a long time ago.. along with the no smoking in the Mo also.. nothing is worse than when you think your moonroof is open to ash your cig when its really not and the cig falls in your car :3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
I've got the no smoking orders too....

We've actually had the whole car inside and out treated with Supagard....Works absolutely fantastic, just a simple rinse restores the paintwork...And drink and mud on the interior are also just wipe off without leaving any stains...

So far I am really impressed by the $500 extra which is guaranteed for 3 years....

Still have to vacumeclean the crums though! But at least they don't leave grease-stains...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Nobody is eating, drinking or smoking in my MO! Ever:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that makes TWICE now...

Spilled coffee in the MO again this morning. *sigh* This time it was all over the right side of the driver's seat. After about 45 minutes of blotting/dabbing I think I got most of it out, but there's always that little bit that never seems to quite come clean. I wonder if I should just Scothguard the entire interior, or something similar.

Thoughts?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
How about getting a Nissan stainless coffee mug instead? I picked one up the local Bed Bath and Beyond (ahh now everyone knows I shop there) and its great. The older mugs used to say "Nissan Stainless." The new ones now say "THERMOS NISSAN."

They work great, keeps coffee hot for many hours.

In either case, the cup has a nice spillproof lid, so no more coffee accidents, and fits into the cupholder quite nicely.

Here is a link to a picture of it.

Nissan mug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eric L. said:
How about getting a Nissan stainless coffee mug instead? I picked one up the local Bed Bath and Beyond (ahh now everyone knows I shop there) and its great. The older mugs used to say "Nissan Stainless." The new ones now say "THERMOS NISSAN."

They work great, keeps coffee hot for many hours.

In either case, the cup has a nice spillproof lid, so no more coffee accidents, and fits into the cupholder quite nicely.

Here is a link to a picture of it.

Nissan mug
LOL -- I suppose that's not a bad idea. I have plenty of travel-type coffee mugs, but unfortunately they're not totally spill-proof. Another option might be for me to stop trying to do 30 different things when I'm getting into the MO -- this morning I was trying to talk on the cell phone (call from work) while holding it on my shoulder, load my laptop bag and lunch box onto the passenger seat and throw my jacket on top all while holding the coffee cup and trying to climb into the MO.

:bonk:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse to get a bluetooth headset for the phone.

Any excuse for toys....:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
I'll go a step further, I won't let anyone eat, smoke, drink, breathe or fart in my MO. I've already cured the leather on my own seat via flatulent behavior.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
jaak said:
Sounds like a good excuse to get a bluetooth headset for the phone.

Any excuse for toys....:D

I have the Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset. Its fantastic. Highly recommended. It has great battery life and pretty good range. The design is very comfortable and because it wraps around the top of your ear, it won't fall off like those bulky sets.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top