Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 2 weeks I was looking for new ’06. I want SL (SE) with Touring Package and Tech Package. I could not find even 1 Mo regardless of color with those features. I was visiting all 4 dealerships in my area, and now I am working with the CarsDirect. They only found 1 Mo somewhere in Massachusetts. But it will be 10-12 hours one way to drive?? I had a multiple offers on SL w/ Touring or SL w/ Tech. I did not get it; are those not the packages everybody wants in their cars??? Am I asking for too much??? What’s wrong with Nissan, why they just not make VDC standard??? :confused:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Murano_driver-

There are over 100 Nissan dealerships within a 100 mile radius of NYC. I would visit more than the four you stated if you have any hope of finding your car.

A brief search on the Nissanusa website indicated at least 5 SL AWD Muranos with Touring and Dynamic Control Packages your area. (By the way, there is no "Tech" package, I assume you mean Dynamic Control Package.) I found several along the Route 46 corridor in Jersey.

Happy hunting.

-njjoe

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, on Nissanusa it actually gives me the list of the closest Nissan dealers, but it does not mean they have the Mo I am looking for. I can tell you for sure that they don’t have it, because I have being there already. Try to search w/ zip code 11235. You will see Kings, Staten Island, Bay Ridge and Queens Nissan dealerships. They do not have any Mo even comes close to what I want.:3:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Murano_driver-

On the nissanusa website, after you enter the zip and do the initial search, you have the option to search again. You have a choice of 10, 20, 30, 50, 75, and 100 mile radiuses centered on your zip code. A 50 mile radius listed 55 dealers. Try expanding the search radius, it may help you out.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've had a similar experience. I've got an 03 Murano, and I wanted to trade for an 06. I wanted the Dynamic Control Package in addition to the Touring Package with XM, and I couldn't find a match anywhere in the states of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Kentucky (I did lots of searching on the NissanUSA website). I ended up placing an order for the exact vehicle I wanted. According to the sales manager at the dealership, the Dynamic Control Package simply isn't very popular among Murano buyers, and he's perplexed about that, too. Also, for what it's worth, when he placed my order, he said that the computer did not allow him to order the Touring with XM package, so he had to order Touring and will install XM at his dealership. I'm looking forward to a late May or early June delivery! :2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I ran into the same situation where I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, so I ordered it.

In your case, I searched along the entire east coast for SL AWD Muranos with Touring and VDC and came up with over 160. Here is the list.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks, Shappy. I wasn't as complete with the description of what I was looking for as I should have been in my message above. I was actually pretty picky...

06 SL FWD
Touring with XM
Dynamic Control Package
Navigation System
Merlot
Cafe Latte leather
Wood trim

I was willing to compromise on the FWD vs. AWD and the wood trim, but not the rest. So, the choice was to order what I wanted!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Navi, wood and VDC...three options that are almost never found together on the same Mo, and that is why I had to order mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I feel for you, my wife and I just went through the same thing. I wanted a Platinum/Charcoal SE with VDC and Nav. We also originally stipulated XM...

Well we're in Richmond and searched 100 miles out from Philly, Pgh, Baltimore, DC, Richmond, VA Beach, Charlottesville, and Raleigh. Found a grand total of ONE that had we wanted. Unfortunately that lot wouldn't swap our local dealer.

I've done the order route in the past but we couldn't wait this time. Eventually settling for Sirius brought a whopping 2 more cars into play.

We picked one up yesterday evening and are completely enjoying!

Keep up the search and good luck!

-Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
The answer to that one is a heavily caveated yes.

Could the dealer do it... sure... but I wanted the vehicle to come with the body color antenna, blah blah blah. So in the end I'd have ended up doing it myself since I'd have the car torn apart for other reasons.

I'm a gadget freak and my wife got spoiled with the IPOD/XM/NAV enabled Pioneer AVIC system in the last car. I already had a long laundry list of things I wanted to do to the vehicle once we closed on one anyhow. It simply would have made life easy if it came with harness and antenna at least.

Sat radio set asside, we could only find a couple that met the criteria off: SE with Nav, VDC, and touring package. There was one with XM, two with Sirius, and two w/o NAV that could be found from Queens to Pittsburgh to Raleigh and back up.

We've had XM for years, one in each car and one in the house. I've been cursing Sirius secretly in my heart since I heard they picked up the Margaritaville channel. I turned up Sirius the other day under the auspices of "Weeeeeeeell since it's a freebie for 3 months aaaaaanyway.... let's hear what they have different and see what it looks like." I may be a convert.... we'll see.

Good luck in the searches still!

-Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts