Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just very busy. I posted this to the extended warranty thread, but I feel y'all deserve a big ole hi, Happy New Year and all that.

and for all the news at once, they are putting hardware cloth behind the grille, in front of the radiator. It is diamond-shaped 1/8 x 1/4, much like Enforcer described. Made for racing cars.

They are replacing the bug deflector and repainting several damaged areas.

Winter tires are going on, first oil change, and some fine tuning (cell phone door jams shut).

Still love my MO. I have been in renovation hell since September.

Getting over it now (painting, decorating).

·
5,268 Posts
rainbowfarm

should i say "welcome back"? I am glad to "hear" from you again.......hope your renovation will end.........i know how it is having built 3 houses..........not to mention all the "small" improvements............

Happy New Year to you too!:)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Kris

"Welcome back" sounds appropriate. I start work in 5 minutes.

Someone wrote me from here about their MO, and I decided it was time to log in again.

MO left Dec. 29. All the odds and ends were all saved up for one major visit, then they closed for New Years, and the first oil change came due, so... I've been in a Sentra (probably has 4-Seasons tires, too) in an ice storm and -30 temps.

Taking it easy. It will be nice to get it back with Bug Deflector II, the sequel, and Enforcer's custom grille concept. Between talking to him and running into a guy who actually lost his A/C to a stone ($600 in Canada to replace it), I figured that $185 for the grille is good.

Then it goes for rust-proofing grease (they strip it for half a day and butter it). It lasts for years, with a touch-up every 3 or 5 years.

With the Olds and whatnot, I have kept the mileage down, too, since I plan to keep MO for a while. I even clean it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Rainbowfarm

What's this custom grille work? As a frequent 401, 416 and 400 traveller, maybe it's something I might consider if you'd be so kind as to provide some details. I don't recall reading anything by Enforcer about this, but I've been off and on the site sporadically lately.

Thanx.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will take pictures

Maybe it was not Enforcer, but I think it was. The grill is behind the lower bumper, in those "big holes". Looks good!

Pics is best. I just picked it up this morning. They still had a few adjustments to make, and there are still a few items they "missed".

Okay, they said it was "broken" and I said, "It was not properly installed". Service Manager agreed, and they fixed it right away (okay, I spent all morning there monitoring the touch-ups).

They had hood, side door and tailgate to paint. They missed/forgot the door (only needed compound and buffing for a long scratch), and so did that while I waited.

Pics soon. Might be some blowing snow in the pics.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Joys of Photography

Today, I removed the MO from a snow bank, far enough to take a picture of the grille, brought the digital camera with me (daylight does not last long; I'd have to take the pic on my lunch break).

Camera battery is dead!

Try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somebody asked if I tested it

There are two MOs where I work, so 4% of all staff drives a MO.

Someone asked if I tested the grille (threw stones at it).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts