Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 nissan murano sl and. Just replaced alternater (a shop diagnosed and did it) then it lost power and died again2 days later. So we bought a brand new battery. Now the brake and battery light are still coming on intermittently. What else do I need to fix?? I have been stranded twice now and I'm thinking a third time very soon. Please help.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Unfortunately rebuilt alternators are often defective, it may take a couple of tries to get a good one...

Do a search for alternator and check out some of the more recent threads for suggestions.

·
Administrator
9,657 Posts
If a shop did the alternator, they're obligated to diagnose and repair the problem - which is most likely a new alternator. Take it back.

Reactions: MKUltra

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had a maxima with alternator problems. The problem can be intermittent diode failures. I would leave the shop all was good then my wipers would slow, or headlight’s dim. One day it would put out 13.5 volts then would drop to 11.5. After 3 I went to Nissan and got a Nissan rebuild. It was very frustrating, it was my daughter’s car and she got stuck 3 times in a month

·
Registered
246 Posts
Make sure ground connections from battery to the frame and transmission are good. And just because a battery is new doesn't always mean it is good. All should be on the shop that did the work like others have said. I'd go to an auto parts store first before going back to the shop. The auto parts store can check the battery and the alternator. Then you have that to confront the shop with if one or the other is no good. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like the shop dropped the ball unfortunately. Sounds like it could have been a condition that requires proper diagnostics BEFORE throwing parts at the problem. You could have multiple conditions that affected the charging system and they replaced one. Or the wrong one.

I say this a lot here...but find a good Nissan guy [a lot of techs go off on their own] or a local foreign car shop that rates highly and is clean, ASE certs, and has reasonable hourly rates and also rates well for service. Stay away from the chain quick stop shops.

Would like to see how this gets resolved, so update if possible?

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts