Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called today because my SES light came on yesterday. I'm not sure exactly when it came on as I noticed it while driving, but I didn't feel any thuids or experience a difference in the feel of the vehicle. None-the-less I called to see if they could run the diagnostic tool to see what the code was. They said they were booked through the holiday. I kindly reminded them that it was still under warranty and I would continue to drive it as normal and that if something drastic happened during that time as a result of the SES and my continued use, it would be on Nissan's dime, not mine.

Needless to say, it got me nowhere. I have to wait until next week before they will check the light. I mean, the diagnostic is something that takes what, 5 minutes? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to take that 5 minutes and see what the problem was BEFORE something major happened? I don't get it. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Some service departments are better than others. But when my SES light has come on, I don't bother calling the dealership. Instead, I just drive over there and ask them to pull the code. They grumble about it from time to time, but they do it. You're right...it only take a minute or two, and they can reset the SES light at the same time. If there's work that needs to be done, then I can work with the service advisor to schedule an appointment.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
To put your mind at ease, you may want to call Autozone as I believe they offere free code reading.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
It would be nice if the larger dealerships could somehow set-up an "Express Service Lane" in their service departments. That way you could stop in and have them do a diagnostic check to determine if a critical repair is immediately required or if the car can be safely driven.

Unfortunately, Nissan does not care about their customers. Never has, never will.

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I would either just show up as TexInFla suggested or you can search the forrum and pull the codes yourself! I had my SES light on once, pulled the codes myself, found out it was minor and reset the light. Hasn't come on since and the MO just keeps rolling......

:roadtrip:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts