Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After waiting impatiently for 4 months for my 04 SL AWD, I picked it up an hour ago. What a car! In Canada, there are no option packages like the US models. We have the SL or SE models however the only options on both are sunroof and navigation. No touring package, no luxury package available. The base SL comes with some options the US base doesn't have such as heated seats, better radio, etc.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Congrats to you Alan. My pup turned 1000 miles yesterday and I could not be happier with it.
Now, how are you going to keep that baby clean in the dead of a Canadian winter?
Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, it's my winter car so I won't be so concerned about keeping the outside clean, which is an impossible task here in Montreal. As far as the interior goes, I'm bringing my Mo to Henri Seat Covers tomorrow and he's laying down vinyl covering on the entire floor to keep the carpets perfectly dry and clean. It costs around CAN$200 but well worth it. Rememeber how all our grandmothers used to cover their couches with this stuff? A blast from the past!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congratulations and let the smiling begin!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Nissan sells a set of excellent rubber floor mats for the Murano. I got mine for $57US. Good deal.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I see you had a long wait but it's finally arrived. I ordered mine in mid December and guess what, I'm taking delivery tomorrow. Man am I gonna have a long day at work, pickup is at 5 pm. I also live in the Montreal area so I assume our rides came in on the same boat.

On a dissapointing note: The nice, cool looking Nissan factory hitch I ordered is not the one you guys have available in the States. :3: For some strange reason the Canadian version is similar to a hidden hitch with that big bar which runs from side to side. I checked the Canadian site and sure enough, this is our version. Oh well, it's still rated at 3500 and is a class 2 but it sure don't look as neat as the US version.

EDIT: after looking at some of the pics, it is a hidden hitch and this is what you get when ordering a Factory Nissan Hitch in Canada. :3: and I thought the dealer gave me a good deal on the hitch. :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Two days later...

Hi Guys,

I'm loving it. Put on my snow tires yesterday and the vinyl flooring came out great. It's actually black and not clear. Looks great! What an awesome car, rock solid but the wipers were definitely an afterthought. I tried 26 and 18 inch winter blades by Trico and the arm on the pax side hits the hood because the winter wipe forces the wiper arm to sit higher. Other than that, it's 100% satisfaction.

·
4,664 Posts
Congrats on the Murano Allan!

I'm going to be at one year with mine, in a week... I'm still in love.... That reminds me, it's time to go play in the snow!:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got mine last weekend

I too finally got mine. It seems like us Canadians have to wait a long time for the Muranos. I waited about 2 months for mine. Yeah I found that the mats I bought are way too small for the Murano....I will have to put an extra plastic lining in above the carpets soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If they do as good a job as Henri Seat Covers, you'll love having the floor covered. It's so easy to clean and no worries about dirtying the carpets.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do you have any pics how it will look like after it's done? Also do they have any places to do that in Toronto?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Welcome

Zoo b, congratulations on your new MO and welcome to this very cool group.
Tell us about your MO, what color did you get? SE or SL?
Bob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats, Allan, I'm glad you're lovin your MO. The biggest problem with the car seems to be getting the smile off your face! Enjoy it! :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
New MO

Thanks for the invite.
My Murano is a 2004 SL AWD with Pearl White exterior and Caffe Latte interior. In Canada we don't get the leather option sadly. Am thinking of spiffing it up with Silverstar lights upfront, perhaps adding a side moulding too.
The car is a bit noisier around town...maybe cuz it's colder lately here in Canada and the transmission is making a lot of noise. But it's okay when we're on the highway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Try calling Ayaz Somani at 416-281-2550 and say you were referred by henri seat covers in montreal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts