Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

Thought I;d let you all know that I got one too ;)

A new 05 SL MO with nothing in it with the exception of mats and cargo pack - didnt the extras and couldnt afford it anyhow as the wife is getting the Merc C-class coupe.

Thanks to all for your help
D:)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Welcome :D

C ongratulations
O n
N ewly
G etting
R ealy
A
T errific
U beatable
L ovely
A nd
T ruly
I nescapably
O mnipotent
N ice
S exy

MURANO ! [/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!! :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
dylanursula

Congrats!!!

·
4,994 Posts
Depends on if you are married or not, additionally, enjoy smiling and keep the MO out of the ICE.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol - yep im married.

There was an ice storm here this w/end... but all gone now.
Weathers still bad though.....

ive heard a lot about the engine being eased in.. any ideas?
Also any other tips?:2:

·
4,994 Posts
Seems like all I do is break in new engines so I should know what to do, but I don't have anything special to say. Vary the RPM, don't floor it, IMO, till you are on the third tank. I have had this same engine 3 times now, My practice is to switch to synthetic after it is reasonably polished in. say at 3500 miles or so.
here is a neat web site with very specific breakin instructions.

http://www.cessna.org/benefits/articles/breakin.html

The main thing to do is wipe that grin off your face and drive it! A nice warm up in this cold weather would probably be beneficial, Say 3 full minutes. There be better advice on that subject.

I should practice what I preach seems like what I do to my MO is work on it as your can tell from the list.

Keep the :D under control and Happpy MOing.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
GripperDon said:
My practice is to switch to synthetic after it is reasonably polished in. say at 3500 miles or so.
That should be sometime in 2010...:2:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gripper - lol - what do you mean by synthetic??

We've done 50 miles on the MO thus far... got it with 38 miles on the clock...... also it had paint guard and scotchguard for the fabric is this standard?

D

·
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers Gripper.

Just an update - MY WIFE IS DRIVING THE MO MORE THAN ME!!!

12 months ago she didnt 'like' the look of it as it looked tooo 'family'.... GO FIGURE - now she is a bona fida CONVERT!!!!
Just proves how abso;lutely wonderful the MO is..... thank heavens I moved from the UK to the USA - otherwise I'd still be waiting lol

D

PS: Note - the move was for work not the car - well thats the official version - only kidding

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:

That should be sometime in 2010...:2:

Hehe good one. Actually Grip, for what its worth, I would wait a few more miles then 3500. You live in a warm climate so it isn't crucial to switch to syn so soon. The way I see it, hot weather is not too great for old used dino oil (5000+ miles) but two 3000 mile oil changes would be fine. However, in cold freezing weather, even fresh dino oil is not too great when you are trying to start the engine at -15F. Thats where the synthetic shows its merit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the family!

I'm also in Atlanta (Canton actually)
I also just bought a MO for the wife

but....

I've put more miles than her on it!:2:
We did a family trip with our 4 month old to FLA. I drove while she entertained in the back seat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts