Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I just bought my Murano on Monday evening here in the Phoenix area. I got a Silver SL AWD with the SL Premium pack and sunroof for 32,100. I got a decent trade in on my 97 Toyota RAV4 that had 98 K on it so I jumped. I'm happy that I got it at 900+ under MSRP since several dealerships have put premiums of between 1000 and 4000 dollars on the vehicle. Only got about 75 miles on it but I get lots of looks and stares from other drivers. Gas milage is a little lower than I would initially like but as the car breaks in and I get out on the road instead of city driving, that should improve.

Marc in Phoenix :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations

Finally someone took the plunge. Now we can really learn something about this new SUV. I knew it would go for less than MSRP. Anyone paying more these days is a fool. Wait a few weeks and it drop anothe $1K, but you get to be one of the first ones on the block so that's worth something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey congratulations. I'm jealous!! I've taken four test drives and people are always staring when I'm driving it, get used to it. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took the plunge too, got me a Silver SL with the Popular Package plus teflon coating a couple of days before Thanksgiving. I paid at MSRP since the dealer is not willing to drop the price a bit and can't find anything at the time showing invoice on the web.

I have been very happy with it so far, only problem is getting used to the CVT Xmission and people asking me what kind of car it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We wanted to test dive the MDX but dealer doesnt offer test drive on weekends (the nerve of them). Fortunately, we drove down a block to Nissan and drove the Murano around. After a short drive and a closer look at the upgrades we knew this is the SUV to get. Bought a luminous gold SL AWD on the spot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my black Murano about 2 weeks ago after waiting 2 months. I loved the Silver, but it was not availble with the options I wanted. I also got about 1100 Cdn off MSRP and a great trade for my pathfinder. It was the first auto I purchased without test driving or seeing one. I am not disappointed.
Because I was away, I didn't have to fill up the tank until last night. Thank god I had the owners manual in the glove compartment or else I would have never figured out the filler lock.
So far I am thrilled with it. I especially love the 18" wheels and can't wait until the next major snow storm. It's too bad they left out the heated steering wheel. I am spoiled by my wife's maxima.
I'll post more once I put more mileage on this piece of art

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dgaser... Just wondering where you got your Murano. I live in the Hamilton area and I'm looking for a similar deal on a Black SE. I've driven one a few times already and, aside from getting used to the CVT, it's an amazing car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WoooHooo!!!

:mrgreen: WoooHooo....I am now one of 4 Murano Drivers in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I bought a Sheer Silver SL with all the bells and whistle minus the Nav last Friday.....what a freaking ride!!! This CVT takes a bit of getting used to, but man oh man it's just kick ass....everybody should at least test drive for the experience....it's a real eye cathcer!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought an SL AWD Silver/ Black with all bells and whistles except Nav. last night, and I love it! I had only intended to test drive, but one ride was all it took to convince me that this was the car for me. I love the handling and everything about the car. I spent today cleaning out the garage, so I can fit it in. This car is too beautiful to stay out in the rain! I bought it in Fort Myers, Florida (mine was the sixth they had sold) and paid about $600.00 under MSRP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Questions for tikvao02

Did "all the bells & whistles" include Dynamic Control Package? What about cold package? I'm wondering whether they even ship heated seats and mirrors to Florida. If so, was the cold package "free" or was it priced out separately?

By the way, is there a little enginge rumble/growl when accelerating at low speed? I didn't notice it in one test drive, but I did in another.

Thanks, and congrats. We hope to be joining you soon in the ranks of owners.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No dynamic control package. It does include the cold package which was not priced out separately. I have not noticed the rumble you describe. Good luck in your purchase!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats! I bought a silver SL FWD that stickered for $32,700 on 12/19. I didn't have to pay any premium above the sticker price plus the dealer gave me about $900 more for my trade than any other Nissan or Honda dealer.

I have 700 miles on it now and am getting 18.5mpg average. Hopefully that will continue to improve as it breaks in. I think I have the first one that has sold in the Pittsburgh area. :D

For the person who was rejected by the Acura dealer...you may want to drop by in the new Murano and thank the sales manager for their idiotic test drive policy that steered you to the right car! :wink: I'd right a letter to Acura's customer service department as well...but that's just me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
By the way, the cold package, as I understand it, is no longer a separate package. Heated seats are included with any vehicle ordered with leather. One dealer told me that it was free until the March units are produced then it would be charged separately, but the dealer I bought mine from stated that originally the cold package was going to be sold separately, but Nissan decided to make it standard in leather vehicles. My SL has heated seats and the "cold package" is not itemized on the window sticker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:D I got a fully loaded SL on Dec 10 and I now have 1100 miles on it. I paid MRSP but was able to get $1000 more trade-in on my '99 RX300. I also received the cold package and it was not on the invoice.

I love everything about this car except for the navigation unit which won't let you do much when the car is moving. It is a real pain to have to stop the car to program in a destination. Otherwise I like the navigation unit.

My gas milage is improving with each tank and yesterday on a 350 mile highway trip the trip computer indicated an average of 24.2 mpg. At this rate we should be able to get over 500 miles on a tank of gas on cross country trips.

I am still waiting on my dealer to receive the accessories I ordered (XM Radio, tow hitch and mud flaps), and in fact, the dealer told me they still don't have any parts or manuals for the Murano and they think it could be 30 days before they receive anything from Nissan. Sure hope it doesn't break down within the next 30 days. !!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds like a great set up. I was planning on ordering the XM radio option as well but no one seems to know the price for it. How much did the dealership charge you for yours?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is my problem, nobody seems to know anything about the XM option. Dealer has agreed to sell at his cost but does not have pricing or any other details yet. The XM web site does list the Murano as dealer installed but Bose has not answered any emails about it either. The car owners manual does say that the XM info will show on the navigation screen so I am assuming we will not need the additonal head unit just the receiver and antenna.

Does anybody else have any XM info?

·
Registered
82 Posts
i don't know any info on xm and i haven't purchased one yet, however, from the sound of it, it sounds like the system is "xm ready" and that all you need to do is subscribe to the service. i think its worth trying out. if it doesn't work, i'm sure you can get refunded on the service.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The head unit is "XM ready" but that doesn't mean it has a satellite receiver built into it. As stated above, you have to purchase the receiver and antenna as a dealer installed option and then subscribe to the service.

·
Registered
139 Posts
octane level vs mileage

Has anyone experimented yet with using regular (87) vs premium (91) and power \mileage performance? Please let me know. Thanks. Darrell. SE White.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts