Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It must have been a good day for Nissan today. We brought home our Glacier Pearl SL Touring this evening as well. It will be a sporty, roomier companion to our M3 and my wife's daily driver as well as for hauling road bikes and the occasional road trip. Only 38 miles, but it is nestled in the garage and looking great.

We saw a Murano on our way to Houston two weekends ago that started this whole series of events. Stopped and looked at them this past Saturday afternoon, found this site Saturday night, and read it all weekend. Bought the Mo locally last night (it was fresh off the truck and too late to have it PDI'd and detailed) and picked it up this evening. A whirlwind car purchase, but it fit our needs perfectly.

Anyway...thanks for all the info!

·
4,664 Posts
Congrats! As you already know, we love it, and I'm sure you'll find the same. Like any vehicle, I hope you find it trouble free. Mine has been, but some have had a hiccup or two. (What car hasn't?)

The more you drive it, the more you'll love it. I hate driving a vehicle with a conventional transmission now....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations on your new Murano. Mine is just a few days from being one year old and has 16,000 totally enjoyable miles on her. A few tiny squeaks and clicks but I've had no trouble and have no complaints. Same solid Nissan reliability I've come to expect having owned two Maxima's in the past. Jaak knows.

Good luck, have fun, and hang out with the rest of us here.

·
4,664 Posts
I have to ask Sassafras, do you post once every 1,000 miles? ;)

I don't think about the people that just read and don't post, but I suppose there's a lot out there! I was one, initially. Feel free to jump in and say a few words...

And if you don't have a Murano, at least go for a test drive!!!! I'd even buy a used one, if I didn't have the budget for a new one.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
jaak,
funny that you talk about 'lurkers' because i just mentioned to a co-worker yesterday that this is the only board that i have ever really felt comfortable posting on. This is such a great place, and I think its all in part to the kind of people that buy Muranos.

Kyson,
Enjoy your ride and the forum!

·
4,664 Posts
Not to hijaak the thread, but I had someone who saw my Murano, tell me about this forum and that there was this guy, jaak, who had figured out how to make the SAT work. I just smiled and told him I was delighted he read it and asked him when he was getting a Murano... Then I told him, "I'm jaak". Surprised him! Then I pointed to the XM antenna on the roof.

Kyson, I have to admit, you blew my mind to see you move that fast and dig into the site. I hope you enjoy it for a long time! (The Murano too, of course!) I think it took me about 20 seconds to decide I wanted one, when it finally landed on the dealers (stealers?) floor, but about 10 weeks to make it happen.

·
Registered
265 Posts
HA! :jester: jaak I see you using the phrase already. I must agree with everyone. My Mo runs great and it feels weird driving any other car without a CVT. I know the feeling with a "whirlwind" purchase. I was out looking for a new car after I wrecked my Xterra. I was only price shopping (don't we all start out like that?) when they some how convinced me :10: I'm sure the test drive and the leather seating helped a lot and the fact you rarely saw Murano's. Good luck with your new toy :7:

·
Registered
42 Posts
"I don't think about the people that just read and don't post, but I suppose there's a lot out there!"

Okay, I admit, I'm a lurker! I've been wanting the Mo (and lurking here) for a while now. I rented one over the winter for a long weekend and took it on a road trip which completely convinced me to buy one. I'm waiting to close on my house first so I don't complicate financing, but hopefully will be buying one mid-summer... unless I try and wait for the '05 to see what might change....

Still deciding options and colors though...

·
Registered
758 Posts
Kyson

Congrats on your new Murano. This is a great Forum and as you start breaking in your Mo, you'll find alot of valuable info here.

·
4,664 Posts
95se said:
"I don't think about the people that just read and don't post, but I suppose there's a lot out there!"

Okay, I admit, I'm a lurker! I've been wanting the Mo (and lurking here) for a while now. I rented one over the winter for a long weekend and took it on a road trip which completely convinced me to buy one. I'm waiting to close on my house first so I don't complicate financing, but hopefully will be buying one mid-summer... unless I try and wait for the '05 to see what might change....

Still deciding options and colors though...
You need a sign for your garage that says MURANO PARKING...;) Thanks for speaking up!:D

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
WOW... 4 new murano owner in this forum in a week ...

no wonder i keep seeing muranos eveywhere i go here in maryland-washington-virginia area...

Last saturday, my gf and me counted how many MO we saw in that one day: 12 of them. :4:
3 Silver,
3 BLACK
2 sunlit copper,
1 white,
1 blue,
1 burgundy red,
1 pewter..

No wonder, nissan seldom have TV add for the murano, there is no need for it hehe..

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
SugarRush:

No gold ones in that list?

Yesterday, when I was coming back to my house with the detailer, we were stopped at a light, and coming from the other direction and turning left in front of us was a gold Mo. I told the guy that I was getting one just like that one (although I didn't look to see whether it had the crossbars).

I see one or maybe two a day, but usually none. They aren't all that common here.

I teach a computer literacy class at LSU and told my students that I got new wheels last night. They asked what I got, and when I told them I got a Murano, they were all suitably impressed.

-------------

I have liked the Mo from the first time I saw it, and it's the only vehicle that appealed to me. I bought my Xterra back when they were selling for list price and above, and I paid list. I looked at the Murano price and just didn't think I could afford one, but I kept dreaming and have finally managed to make it happen. For some of you who have lots of vehicles and more expensive ones, the Mo isn't a big deal, but this is a lot of car for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Where I'm from (very southern Wisconsin) the only MO I hardly ever see is ours. People stare and often ask "What the heck is it?" It even gets mistaken for the Lexus quite often. When we were shopping for a new SUV, we drove the MO first, then we were going to drive the Xterra. Our salesman told us, after the MO, we wouldnt even want to get in the Xterra. Boy was he right! Not that the Xterra wasnt nice, but after the MO, I mean, come on-right? At least the only other option was a Nissan also!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome Kyson!! The Mo is great, isn't it? My poor old car, lovely ride though it was, has sat on the curb in front of the house undriven since the Mo arrived. Not an issue though as she will soon be going to a new owner that had admired her from over the backyard fence. My neighbor wants to my the old girl for his son. Knowing how well I care for my cars, he told me he'd buy it without question. We can to a fair price and we do the deal this weekend.

SugarRush - I'm in the DC/MD/VA area too. I noticed more and more Mo's even before I got mine! Here the SL's seem to vastly outnumber the SE's. Kind of keeps mine on the more original side. Of course, I'm not too surprised to see a bunch of Mo's generally in Northern VA since that's where Nissan's NE headquarters is located. The other car I'm seeing a lot more of is the FX.

BTW - for those in this area looking to buy - avoid Brown's Arlington Nissan. BAD BAD sales department (opinion based on my personal experience in trying to get a Mo out of them).

Jim

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey, 95se, how were you able to rent a Murano for the weekend? I think renting one for a few days would help me decide if I really wanted to buy one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not 95se, but FYI we rented one from Enterprise car rental last summer for a weekend and it sold us.

'04 SE AWD Glacier Pearl, Cafe Latte :)

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
DIJ... i just saw 2 gold ones today.. :)..

so add gold to the list then hehehe.

Yeah the SL model less common than the SE in DC/VA/MD area.
Talking about the FX, oh yea, i saw on average 3 a day around my office area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the replies. It looks like it will be a fun ride... though it did lock me out with the engine running and lights on last night. I stopped on my way to the store in a deserted parking lot to just give it a thorough walk around and see the Xenons, etc. I got to do a lot of jogging back home for the spare set of keys instead.

So, I was up late again last night reading up on all of your adventures with the same issue. I may have bumped the manual lock on the way out...wasn't paying attention. We sure like it though.

Seems to be real nice folks who post on this board, and I look forward to lots of participation in the future.

Thanks again for all of your help in our latest auto purchase.

·
4,664 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, because I really miss it when I travel.. I really hate having to rent all that other junk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts