Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2015 Murano platinum (bought in Dec 2015). I had not had any problem with my car until 2 or 3 weeks ago.

It happened when my husband drove.
He slowly started to cross the rail (Dart rail in down town, Dallas) suddenly the car stopped with beeping sound. He didnt push the brake pedal, and there was no car or anything in front of the murano. (I guess it was collision warning system with FEB)
Luckly there was no car behind my husband, so no accident. But it was enough to have him trauma.

And 2 days ago, I happenned to drive the murano with my two babies. And I had to cross the rail road (same place).
The traffic light change to green, and there was no car in front of me.
I slowly drove my car, and EXACTLY the samething happenned. It STOPPED automatically with beeping sounds, even though I didnt touch the brake pedal. Make it worse there was a fast truck behind me. He almost crushed my car.
To him, I was an insane person who suddenly stopped the car when the light turning green.

I couldnt drive for a while.
There were my babies in the back seat.

Now I want to know what should I do with this car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
wow ! that its a scary moment indeed..hope you are good now.. i suggest you make the call to your dealer right away and get it check.. you might want to call nissan and report this incident.. good luck and hope

·
Registered
853 Posts
wow ! that its a scary moment indeed..hope you are good now.. i suggest you make the call to your dealer right away and get it check.. you might want to call nissan and report this incident.. good luck and hope

Definitely call Nissan, but don't expect a response that satisfies any concerns.

You probably should notify NTSB.

But yes, definitely take it to the dealer and demand answers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Till you get it in to get it checked out. May try this if you could.

GO in the driver display menu . the one between the tach and speedometer, find the Settings>driver assist>Driver aids>emergency braking. and turn it off.. this May help till you get it checked out.

IF anyone knows or have a suggestion put it here. I got this out of the book and I am guessing that this if the Fwd emerg braking.

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,288 Posts
Was the railroad track raised? Could be that it was sensing the raised track/berm as you were approaching it or the ground on the other side as you were heading down. Just thinking here.

Take care!

Jim

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi...

It appears your Forward Emergency Brake (FEB) is being activated in error. According to the Murano factory service manual for the FEB:

"Symptom: System misidentifies a vehicle even though there is no vehicle ahead."

"Solution: Perform radar alignment." (This is physically adjusting the radar unit in the front grill of your vehicle.)

This should be a warranty item at your friendly Nissan dealer. :laugh:

Good luck!
noboy

·
Registered
1 Posts
FEB Malfunction

Did you you get this issue resolved by Nissan?

My FEB does not function correctly either.

Though, it simply does not work.

NissanUSA Consumer Affairs / Engineers report that the driver can not sense the FEB working and can not test it. It only works immediately (seconds / inches) before the crash to apply the brakes firmly to stop the car - like an air bag. There are no alarms / warnings, and no partial braking a car length, or two, prior to impact - the brakes just slam on inches prior to the impact.

They also said it does not function to prevent hitting pedestrians, and you can not test it using empty cardboard boxes, because it only responds to firm objects in the shape / form of a vehicle.

What absolute drivel!

Nissan is covering up the fact that their FEB system doesn't work correctly, as represented, in a vain attempt to avoid massive class action law suits.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Happy New Year!

Was wondering if anyone with a '19 Mo is having an issue with their FEB and/or AEB light randomly blinking out of nowhere? We just bought a new '19 Mo 2 weeks ago and we had it in the dealer for this issue last Friday and the dealer claimed it was debris on the sensor (car was immaculate) which was causing the issue. They "cleaned" the debris off and sent us on our way. The light started blinking again on and off all weekend (dry weather, no rain or snow and again the car was immaculate) and we have an appointment to drop it off tonight for them to look at it again.

This is kind of frustrating that a new car is doing this and also worries me that the braking might engage for no reason like has happened on other Nissan's that apparently have this issue.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Happy New Year!

Was wondering if anyone with a '19 Mo is having an issue with their FEB and/or AEB light randomly blinking out of nowhere? We just bought a new '19 Mo 2 weeks ago and we had it in the dealer for this issue last Friday and the dealer claimed it was debris on the sensor (car was immaculate) which was causing the issue. They "cleaned" the debris off and sent us on our way. The light started blinking again on and off all weekend (dry weather, no rain or snow and again the car was immaculate) and we have an appointment to drop it off tonight for them to look at it again.

This is kind of frustrating that a new car is doing this and also worries me that the braking might engage for no reason like has happened on other Nissan's that apparently have this issue.
Debris on the sensor.

Better just drive indoors then.

·
Registered
87 Posts
FEB Malfunction

Did you you get this issue resolved by Nissan?

My FEB does not function correctly either.

Though, it simply does not work.

NissanUSA Consumer Affairs / Engineers report that the driver can not sense the FEB working and can not test it. It only works immediately (seconds / inches) before the crash to apply the brakes firmly to stop the car - like an air bag. There are no alarms / warnings, and no partial braking a car length, or two, prior to impact - the brakes just slam on inches prior to the impact.

They also said it does not function to prevent hitting pedestrians, and you can not test it using empty cardboard boxes, because it only responds to firm objects in the shape / form of a vehicle.

What absolute drivel!

Nissan is covering up the fact that their FEB system doesn't work correctly, as represented, in a vain attempt to avoid massive class action law suits.
How do you know yours isn’t working? Is it just because you can’t test it out or did something happen (like a near collision)? Just curious as to why you think it doesn’t work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a thread for the 15-18 model Muranos where a TSB was released stating a malfunctioning sensor was the problem. Depending on if the sensor was manufactured before Feb 2018(I believe) then the dealer should replace it. But with the 2019 and the new location of the sensor who knows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happy New Year!

We have had the same issue with our '19 Murano. Never had any issues with the '15 that we previously owned. But so far the '19 has had two incidents of the light blinking at random. First time was a few weeks ago. All I did was turn the car off and restart it and the issue was cleared. Went on a road trip and drove 3,000 miles without issue. But the other night it did it again and stayed on for several miles then it cleared on it's own. Then it did it again and I tried shutting car off and restarting but that didn't work to clear it. So the light continued to blink at random times the rest of the way home. The next day it didn't do it and hasn't so far. I checked the radar and camera each time and there was no debris. So I'll be taking to the dealer to see if they can diagnose it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just wondering about different things that may be causing such a wildly intermittent condition... Did you check the area behind the plastic that's in front of the radar? I wonder if road/snow/ice debris can get splashed up inside that area and slightly block the radar signal...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the blinking warning this morning on my new 2020 Platinum. Unsettling for sure! No activation of the brakes or anything, but I'm certainly not clear on the cause. Plenty of slush on the roads in central Ontario this week, but in my mind, those are pretty typical driving conditions!?! No noticeable buildup or obstruction in the area of the front sensor. So am I dealing with typical behavior, or is there some sort of problem?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mine didnt beep or stop before I hit the 2x3 foot chunk of ice berg in the middle of a court.

Dont ask. My fault for not paying attention. Speaking of "paying" ....I paid extra for this darn system and it didnt help in my case.

In the end, just a bumper and some under carriage damage. I guess there is worse things out there. Just turn on the news....

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had the blinking warning this morning on my new 2020 Platinum. Unsettling for sure! No activation of the brakes or anything, but I'm certainly not clear on the cause. Plenty of slush on the roads in central Ontario this week, but in my mind, those are pretty typical driving conditions!?! No noticeable buildup or obstruction in the area of the front sensor. So am I dealing with typical behavior, or is there some sort of problem?
Did you check the backside area of the plastic that covers the sensor?

Did the blinking go away after this occurrence?

If conditions were slushy, the owner's manual mentions this may occur. It's a unfortunate limitation of the current technology...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Mine didnt beep or stop before I hit the 2x3 foot chunk of ice berg in the middle of a court.

Dont ask. My fault for not paying attention. Speaking of "paying" ....I paid extra for this darn system and it didnt help in my case.

In the end, just a bumper and some under carriage damage. I guess there is worse things out there. Just turn on the news....
This another unfortunate limitation of the current implementation of the forward collision control. It appears to only react to cars in front of you and traveling in the same direction to help mitigate rear-end collisions.

Attachment from the 2015 owner's manual.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts