Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
We have had the same issue with our '19 Murano. Never had any issues with the '15 that we previously owned. But so far the '19 has had two incidents of the light blinking at random. First time was a few weeks ago. All I did was turn the car off and restart it and the issue was cleared. Went on a road trip and drove 3,000 miles without issue. But the other night it did it again and stayed on for several miles then it cleared on it's own. Then it did it again and I tried shutting car off and restarting but that didn't work to clear it. So the light continued to blink at random times the rest of the way home. The next day it didn't do it and hasn't so far. I checked the radar and camera each time and there was no debris. So I'll be taking to the dealer to see if they can diagnose it.
I had a '15 as well and no issues with the FEB/AEB and the system worked as it was supposed to and did engage a couple times when a semi ran a red light and when a car stopped suddenly in front of me before I was able to break. Every now and then the warning message came on that there was an obstruction on the front radar and the system was unavailable but when that happened there was usually snow or slush on the sensor or some stupid monsoon type rain so the warning message was legit and not a false warning.

On our '19, the AEB light starts blinking for no reason and stays on for a good while before turning off or just stays blinking until we turn off the car, in every instance it was clear weather and I checked the front sensor when we got out of the car and nothing on it. Over the weekend we had some heavy snow and it caused the AEB light to come on solid, not blinking and that was legit due to the snow but the other times I can't find a good reason why it starts blinking.

So far both times we brought it to the dealer they can't replicate the issue and don't believe it's happening and claim the system has no issues and the sensor most likely had a good amount of debris which it didn't or we were driving through bad weather which we weren't, we even recorded the blinking light with our phone on the numerous times it occurred, showed it to them and they still say there is no issue. We pointed out that this also seems to be a known problem, it's all over the internet as well as Nissan service bulletins and the service manager said that everyone on the internet is full of it, don't believe what we read and he can't find a bulletin on the 2019's for this issue and only for the 2016-2018 which he states is a completely different system. They did mention if it "happens" again they'll look into seeing if they can replace the sensor but fortunately/unfortunately depending on how you look at it, the problem hasn't reoccurred since our last visit last week.

I guess we'll see if this resurfaces and if we get the same run around we'll try another dealer.
Just wondering about different things that may be causing such a wildly intermittent condition... Did you check the area behind the plastic that's in front of the radar? I wonder if road/snow/ice debris can get splashed up inside that area and slightly block the radar signal...
We didn't pull the plastic cover off to see if there was debris behind it but I think the dealer did however we didn't have any snow from the time we bought the car on 12/20/19 through the 2 times we brought it to the dealer to be checked out so not sure what could've snuck up in there and the weather was dry and clear every time the light started blinking.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine didnt beep or stop before I hit the 2x3 foot chunk of ice berg in the middle of a court.

Dont ask. My fault for not paying attention. Speaking of "paying" ....I paid extra for this darn system and it didnt help in my case.

In the end, just a bumper and some under carriage damage. I guess there is worse things out there. Just turn on the news....
You probably already know but the system isn't designed for that type of situation. It's more about moving vehicles slowing ahead of you and you not reacting, so it alerts you to avoid a rear end collision.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had a '15 as well and no issues with the FEB/AEB and the system worked as it was supposed to and did engage a couple times when a semi ran a red light and when a car stopped suddenly in front of me before I was able to break. Every now and then the warning message came on that there was an obstruction on the front radar and the system was unavailable but when that happened there was usually snow or slush on the sensor or some stupid monsoon type rain so the warning message was legit and not a false warning.

On our '19, the AEB light starts blinking for no reason and stays on for a good while before turning off or just stays blinking until we turn off the car, in every instance it was clear weather and I checked the front sensor when we got out of the car and nothing on it. Over the weekend we had some heavy snow and it caused the AEB light to come on solid, not blinking and that was legit due to the snow but the other times I can't find a good reason why it starts blinking.

So far both times we brought it to the dealer they can't replicate the issue and don't believe it's happening and claim the system has no issues and the sensor most likely had a good amount of debris which it didn't or we were driving through bad weather which we weren't, we even recorded the blinking light with our phone on the numerous times it occurred, showed it to them and they still say there is no issue. We pointed out that this also seems to be a known problem, it's all over the internet as well as Nissan service bulletins and the service manager said that everyone on the internet is full of it, don't believe what we read and he can't find a bulletin on the 2019's for this issue and only for the 2016-2018 which he states is a completely different system. They did mention if it "happens" again they'll look into seeing if they can replace the sensor but fortunately/unfortunately depending on how you look at it, the problem hasn't reoccurred since our last visit last week.

I guess we'll see if this resurfaces and if we get the same run around we'll try another dealer.

We didn't pull the plastic cover off to see if there was debris behind it but I think the dealer did however we didn't have any snow from the time we bought the car on 12/20/19 through the 2 times we brought it to the dealer to be checked out so not sure what could've snuck up in there and the weather was dry and clear every time the light started blinking.
Keep recording any further incidents and keep your ROs from the dealer documenting your complaints of the issue. This will keep a record of it should something develop down the road and/or if you wish to pursue any complaint through Nissan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was the railroad track raised? Could be that it was sensing the raised track/berm as you were approaching it or the ground on the other side as you were heading down. Just thinking here.

Take care!

Jim
I agree, since it happened twice in the same spot something at that location is triggering the system. Just possible the system is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing only too well

21 - 24 of 24 Posts