Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.
so in my excitement of driving my new murano, i refused to notice anythign wrong with it. a week later, my eyes are slowly opening up. whenever i turned the steering wheel all the way to the left, when the car isn't moving, or parked, i would hear a big "thunk" from the front axle. i also noticed the alignment was a bit off.

so i took it in this morning real early to the dealer, and got the alignment readjusted, but forgot to mention the thunk.

i got the car back, and it seems the alignment is ok. but i hear the thunk less.

is it something i have to worry about?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TSB?

not sure what TSB is.

i'm sure its serious...i'm just hating the fact that i have to go back and lose my car another day. :(

·
Registered
487 Posts
Technical Service Bulletin

TSB

Basically, a series of instructions to fix a problem with a vehicle. It is not in normal dealership service manuals and comes out when the company discovers a problem. They're handy. :)

Like it or not, you'll have to take it into the dealer if you want it fixed (or hopefully fixed, a TSB isn't always a holy grail).

·
Registered
9 Posts
quikkik said:
ok.
so in my excitement of driving my new murano, i refused to notice anythign wrong with it. a week later, my eyes are slowly opening up. whenever i turned the steering wheel all the way to the left, when the car isn't moving, or parked, i would hear a big "thunk" from the front axle. i also noticed the alignment was a bit off.

so i took it in this morning real early to the dealer, and got the alignment readjusted, but forgot to mention the thunk.

i got the car back, and it seems the alignment is ok. but i hear the thunk less.

is it something i have to worry about?

Take MO back to dealer and have them check subframe for missing rubber groments....I had similar problem (sounded like a metal plate clanking every time I took off) Took them 3 weeks to find it!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had that thunk. They tightened the steering rack bolts in a couple of hours and it was fixed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Re: i hear a thunk

sharpe1 said:

Take MO back to dealer and have them check subframe for missing rubber groments....I had similar problem (sounded like a metal plate clanking every time I took off) Took them 3 weeks to find it!
Would this be the same reason I hear a "thunk/Rattle" from the front end everytime I hit a bump?

It sounds like a bad CV Joint.....but the dealer had no clue.

Does anyone else hear this sound....it's a loud rattle from the wheel area in the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts