Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I hope someone can help me. Working on an 03 Murano. We recently got this from my mother in law, 91K. Alternator being replaced by me. I got the Alternator out, no real problems, except the wires, they pulled out of the connector. Now I don't know which order they go. It's a 4 pin connector, but only the center 2 are used. I'm hoping someone knows which colors go in which order. Many, many thanks for any info you might have, chuck

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hey Guys,
I hope someone can help me. Working on an 03 Murano. We recently got this from my mother in law, 91K. Alternator being replaced by me. I got the Alternator out, no real problems, except the wires, they pulled out of the connector. Now I don't know which order they go. It's a 4 pin connector, but only the center 2 are used. I'm hoping someone knows which colors go in which order. Many, many thanks for any info you might have, chuck
Below is the wiring diagram and pinout for the charging system. The connector diagrams are single-lined so they should refer to the terminal layout from the terminal side (i.e. looking at the plug from the front and not the harness side). The wires going to that connector should be yellow/black and brown corresponding to the S and L terminals, respectively. That is, if looking at the terminals on the front of the alternator harness connector with the locking tab facing up, the brown wire should plug into the terminal on the left and the yellow/black wire should plug into the terminal on the right.

You can also find the factory service manual for your car here: https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Pattern

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Below is the wiring diagram and pinout for the charging system. The connector diagrams are single-lined so they should refer to the terminal layout from the terminal side (i.e. looking at the plug from the front and not the harness side). The wires going to that connector should be yellow/black and brown corresponding to the S and L terminals, respectively. That is, if looking at the terminals on the front of the alternator harness connector with the locking tab facing up, the brown wire should plug into the terminal on the left and the yellow/black wire should plug into the terminal on the right.

You can also find the factory service manual for your car here: https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

View attachment 54261

View attachment 54262
I can't thank you enough! I did come across that diagram on the internet, but the graphic of the alternator threw me for a loop, I thought I was looking at the engine. In any event, I thank you so much for your help! Chuck

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I can't thank you enough! I did come across that diagram on the internet, but the graphic of the alternator threw me for a loop, I thought I was looking at the engine. In any event, I thank you so much for your help! Chuck
No problem. If you want to find out what happens if those wires are reversed, see this thread: Alternator and 2-wire plug pigtail

1 - 4 of 4 Posts