Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang, I just received a JD Powers survey, my first ever. I gave the MO really good marks (mostly 9-10's). I know we mention some real quirky problems on this forum, but I personally have had only one real issue, driver seat lumbar. I am pretty amped to have participated in the survey. I'm one of those poeple who constantly wonder "where the hell does all polling data come from? Nobody ever asks me!" Maybe this is the start of a new trend for me. With this being an election year maybe I'll be "Joe America" for once. You know, telephone polls, exit polls, etc......... Wavy lines, Wavy lines........:20

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Oh well- JDPower.
JD power's surveys are commissioned by customers who want to use the results in their advertising. They tell JD the result they want, and JD designs a survey to produce that result. So all of these "prestigious" JD Power awards are just advertising campaigns pure and simple.
Examples -The APEAL award (most apealing)- note the spelling-has nothing to do with appeal. APEAL is an acronym for 5 characteistics about which questions were asked in a survey.
GM SUVs are the most dependable-who knows what that means? Again the result of some questions in a survey.
It goes on and on. Sounds good in advertising, but means nothing!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I have owned both an Audi and an Isuzu Trooper, so I can't say much for Consumers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts