Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I fell in love w/ the Murano when I saw the first commercial for it a few years ago and finally picked up an 05 two weeks ago and love it even more than I thought I would...

But...

I've recieved a number of compliments on the car (as I'm sure we all have) but I've also received a number of comments on how feminine the car seems to be to some people. Now I couldn't care less because I reaaaaallly love this car and am happier w/ it than any vehicle I've ever owned.

Anyone else get this type of feedback (ribbing) from anyone?

Maybe its just me because I traded an 01 Nissan Xterra w/ a 3" lift and 32" tires w/ offroad gear out the yass for the Murano. Maybe it's just a bit o' culture shock for those who know my old vehicle??

:D

·
5,244 Posts
Krzydmnd said:
Maybe its just me because I traded an 01 Nissan Xterra w/ a 3" lift and 32" tires w/ offroad gear out the yass for the Murano. Maybe it's just a bit o' culture shock for those who know my old vehicle??

You got it! I do not think MO is feminine. Anyway, I would not care less for comments like this.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well - I think any small/mid-sized SUV is going to get ribbed for being a soccer-mom SUV. Which to be honest - who do you mainly see driving a smaller SUV?

I think the Murano is the least feminine of all - personally. But, my wife is the primary driver :)

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I guess if you will customize you Mo (bumper guards, side bars, wheels ets.) it will not be looks like “soccer-mom SUV” :D any more. I see 80% Mo on the road drove by the women. Anyway, I personally don’t care what people said… I JUST LOVE MY MO…..;)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Murano_driver said:
I guess if you will customize you Mo (bumper guards, side bars, wheels ets.) it will not be looks like “soccer-mom SUV” :D any more. I see 80% Mo on the road drove by the women. Anyway, I personally don’t care what people said… I JUST LOVE MY MO…..;)
I agree. I don't think my MO with nerf bars looks feminine at all. However, certain colors may make it look more feminine that others.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I hope you are referencing to the Super Black color and not to Pearl White (that what I have) :2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I personally think pearl white is THE color for a MO. Especially with gold trim it just looks gorgeous and better than any other color, even better than super black. However......:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
a mom, but not the soccer variety

My 2 cents: I'm gonna assume that the 'feminine' comments you are getting are coming from "manly" men who maybe are a little envious of what you have? Maybe they don't have the cojones to own a seriously beautiful car, and have to over-compensate for their 'short'comings by keeping their jacked up 4x4's? :D just kidding!

Congratulations on your new MO and happy driving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got a Mazda Miata and it's supposed to be really cute and feminine. Well after my Miata eats up a few Mustangs(with more than 2X the hp of a Miata) for lunch on a track, they eat their own words. The Miata has mostly male drivers ... take a notice next time you see one.
My point is, what people percieve can be way off. The Murano is a really cool SUV. Two guys at my work have them and love them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just think of it as a chance to get in touch with your feminine side, lol.

I actually think the Lexus Rx330's are more feminine looking than the MO. Maybe because I rarely see men driving them and the lines are quite curvy. My MO has a Colgan Bra on the front ( a mansierre or a Bro if you will) and I think it gives a more sporty look to the front end.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I felt this way at first so I BEEFED mine up. I put the front push bar and side Nerf bars on. She's tough like a 4runner or Xterra now... grrrrrrrrrrrr.

No one can/or does/ tell me she is girly looking now. She has a tougher look to her.. a more manly man look. Most women are probably not going to do that to their Murano. :12:

·
Registered
114 Posts
other options to tuff'n up your MO

1) drive it on a dirt road after rain and don't clean it for at least a week
2) Tear up the local soccer fields, again after rain, and have grass and mud splattered all over the duco(annoys the soccer mums though)
3) Talk about how approach and departure angles are better then the X5 or acceleration is better then the Porche Cayanne when someone mentions the feminine looks
4) Stick lots of national park stickers and beach driving permits on the side windows
5) Squash lots of bugs in the air Grill and don't clean them out
6) Have 4WD recovery gear in full view of passengers instead being of locked in compartments
7) Don't shave or allow your friends to shave when traveling in the MO
8) Wear check flannelet shirts and baseball caps with tractor brands on it with arm hanging out window

......any others

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
As the rear of my Mo is what most get to see...as it scoots off into the distance....they get to see the fleeting image of my hitch and stainless ball mount which is characteristically male. I get more comments from the gurlies at work--"PLEEEEEASE take me for a ride at lunch!".

The guys ask, "what is the gas mileage like?"---"How do you like your Murano?"

I haven't given any rides yet, Mo sits in her highly coveted space between two parking deck supports until I leave for the day.
If I have to come in late and park with the masses, (2 X in 1.5 years) I am visably upset. Still not one scratch or door ding, still as beautiful as she was when I brought her home.

·
4,601 Posts
If women dig the Murano, I'm cool with that. If there's a good looking man and a good looking woman standing next to each other, I wouldn't be too worried what the man thought of it...

·
Registered
161 Posts
You have this all wrong.
When your fishing, you need to use the proper bait. Who cares what the Men think....... That is unless your trying to pick them up.

Give this a try:
Get her (Your MO) all washed up and waxed. Put on a nice pressed Pink Shirt.

When a woman pulls up beside you look over with a little grin and wink.

Please post the response you get. :D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
LOL! I love the pink shirt comment. It just might work.

I've never really worried that the MO is a soft roader, not as truck or "manly" as say, a 4Runner. In fact, I avoided adding "truck" looking things like a pushbar or running boards - the MO is not a truck, its a tall car. I prefer to keep it looking like that (just my own taste).

·
Registered
781 Posts
For me - I find 'brush guards' funny on Urban SUVs. I guess it's kinda like putting 33" SuperSwampers on a Porsche.

Could always hang a spare gas can off the back and mount up some KC HighLites for the extra edge.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts