Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few days, I may be purchasing a brand new 2006 Murano "SL" if I could receive a good deal. I told the sales person, I want the Bose audio system and leather interior on a black "SL."

If the Murano had any problems in the past, do you think by 2006 Nissan would have corrected it?

Anyone here with a 2006 Murano SL?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo-

As with any new car launch, the Murano was not without it's problems. However, each successive model year brought a much more refined and reliable car. The 2006 model should be relatively trouble-free.

Earlier models had problems with squeek's and rattles, crank position sensor (recall), alternators (recall), drivers seats, fuel tank (recall), cup holder, sunvisor clips, to name a few.

The 2003 Murano required 61 Technical Service Bulletins issued by Nissan to address the problems. The 2004 model required 41, and by 2005 the number dropped to 15.

Nissan has addressed the problems that affected the Murano in previous years and Nissan is getting more adept at assembling the Murano. As a result, reliability and quality have improved over the years.

You should find the Murano to be a reliable, capable, and fun-to-drive car.

-njjoe

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an 06 SL that I really like. It is Merlot, but otherwise the same as your potential new car. Do it, don't think twice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just purchased a 06 SL AWD merlot color last week . I love this car, it is so comfortable compare to my 350Z which I traded in for the murano. It is a fantastic ride, go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts