Nissan Murano Forum banner

I miss my MO!!

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Crischac 
#1 ·
Well... after having my poor MO totalled, I'm completely bummed. I did manage to get my XM kit out of the MO as well as my K&N filter. They now sit on a shelf in my garage next to 6 oil filters, uninstalled door rub-strips and my windshield shade.

I'm still waiting on the insurance settlement on the first accident (now 4 months later) and the 2nd accident (that totalled the MO) cost me about $2000 to get out of my loan with Nissan Finance. (My insurance company will fight it, but until a verdict is arrived upon, I have to pay the difference between the car's "Current Value" and what I owed.

I went out to look at all sorts of cars to replace the MO. I found that I really enjoyed the room the MO provided, and I loved the NAV system. Really, nothing stacked-up against the MO... it's a hard act to follow!

I think I've decided for sure to order another MO (2004 SE AWD, all options except tow package, Glacier Pearl, Cafe Latte interior.) Now I just need to be patient and wait for the settlement. :(

Bob K.

#3 ·
best of luck to you......

you are correct about not having many/any other cars to testdrive (or consider) in the same niche as the murano.

at times, i miss mine too..... i did find solice in the fx series however.... it gives smiles/per gallon as does the MO, and trades off a few ityems along the way (and vice-versa)....

with the 04 you'll get the power lumb, pass seat, xm prewire, etc...... (i agree the nissan/infiniti/zenrin nav it excellent, and fun to use )

i wonder if there's such thing as a "frequent buyer" program??

:1:

#6 ·
RX330? Argh... I might catch flak for this, but here goes: I test drove the RX330 and I found the following:

1) The engine sounded a bit "agricultural." There's lots of mechanical noise coming from the engine compartment, but not a pleasant chorus of mechanical noise (like a Porsche or Ferrari), but more like a tractor. Even my brother (who is not an enthusiast at all) mentioned this noise during a test drive. My mom's 1995 LS400 is much quieter.

2) The ride was comfortable, but the handling was mid-pack IMHO. It really wasn't as athletic as the MO and I tend to favor more sporting cars...

3) Rear seat interior space was (surprisingly) not as spacious as the MO.

4) I pranged my head into the roof getting into the driver's seat. The sill height is a little high, the seat is a little high and the roof is a little low. This promptly had me apply my head to the roof structure. Not a good way to start a test drive.

In the end, I think the RX330 is a decent (and certainly dependable) crossover SUV, but it's not as "cutting edge" as the Nissan/Infiniti products.

CVeet: as far as how everything happened, well... my poor MO got rear-ended hard 1 week after I bought it. It took about $14,250 in damage. I got the MO back from the body shop in late November and had it about 2 weeks when, on December 9th, somebody in a Chevy C3500 truck (a landscaping truck) ran a red light and T-boned my MO. The MO spun around 180 degrees (but never felt like it was going to roll), the side airbags deployed, rear suspension was destroyed, and the rear differential and axles exploded. The insurance company totalled my MO because repair estimates were already past $20K and climbing.

I hope everyone has better luck with their MOs than I did! :(

Bob K.

#7 ·
The best endorsement we can have as to buying the right SUV is watching you Bob-K go out and buy another one.
Good choice.
Glad the MO saved you in the crash.
Bob1

#8 ·
FWIW - I agree with RTKing. I test drove a few of the other CUV's, including the RX300, RX330, and MDX. They all ride very smooth - no unlike my parent's 80's vintage Cadillac sedans, which means they were BBOOORRRIIINNGGGGG! The Murano had more personality - in a good way. You really felt like you were driving, not just floating along. Some folks like that divorced from the road feeling. I just thought it felt too sterile. Then again, since I ordered the Murano to replace an aging 93 Camaro and my summer vehicle has only two wheels, there's no surprise about the preference.

#10 ·
MO Crashed twice!! Still going!

Had the same experience with my 04 MO. After the first accident I was rear ended by someone going approx 45 mph. While the whack was pretty hard the car took the hit rather well. I was launched into the car in front of me and landed on the other car's trunk lid with my front two wheels off the ground! It took pretty serious damage but I was not injured! The state trooper was surprised to find me sore but without a scratch! I would definitely buy another MO had mine been totalled!

Good luck with your new MO!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.