Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my MO is out of commission and in the body shop (probably for the next 3 months), I get to drive around in rental car for that time.

First up is what appears to be a base model GMC Envoy. When I first got into this truck, it took me 10 minutes of searching before I realized that it doesn't have power mirrors. And it doesn't have a rear window defroster. It's also a 4x2 model... but I guess that doesn't matter so much in SoCal. (My MO was fully loaded SE AWD)

I've driven it for two days now and I can honestly say that I really miss my MO. The Envoy just isn't my cup of tea. The seats are uncomfortable, the suspension is flacid, the interior lay-out isn't very spacious and IMHO visibility is poorer than in the Murano. It does have decent power, but the shifting of the transmission is a little abrupt.

When I was test driving cars beforeI bought the Murano, I took a Chevy Trailblazer out for a test drive. In about 2 minutes, I had that truck back at the Chevy dealership because I disliked it THAT much. The Envoy is marginally better... but I really don't like it.

I'm working with my local Enterprise rent-a-car to see if they can get me into an Explorer or, if possible, a Toyota 4Runner. But in the end... it just isn't my MO and that bums me out.

Bob K.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had rented trailblazer for a day when my MO was in dealership for some checking.

Trailblazer has such a bad traction and handling that you feel that you will topple over sooner than you think. Also the interior of the GM trucks is not that appealing. The noise that car makes, it makes you crazy.I have never driven envoy, but I get the idea - after driving trailblazer for a day.

The only american car(s) that I like are ford cars.

Hope you get your MO back soon.

-pkhona

·
Registered
95 Posts
rtking,
I feel your pain....My MO was in the shop for 2 weeks and had to deal with a rental Jeep Liberty.....I had fun beating the crap out of it though. I appreciated my MO when I got it back. The same day it was delivered from the body shop I hauled-ass down to the dealer to pick it up. Be patient....it's worth the wait in the end....:31:

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts