Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stupidly cracked my side heated mirror on my 2017.5 Murano Platinum while I was backing out of my garage. The mirror is cracked & the back came off but it went back together & is being held together right now with rubber bands. :( Everything still seems functional. There are a few little pieces of plastic that are missing.
Ok, so the dealer wants to replace the entire thing for $927.00. Do I have any other choices? He said they come unpainted & they will need to paint it (black).

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Check local salvage yards and Ebay

·
Super Moderator
1,282 Posts
I stupidly cracked my side heated mirror on my 2017.5 Murano Platinum while I was backing out of my garage. The mirror is cracked & the back came off but it went back together & is being held together right now with rubber bands. :( Everything still seems functional. There are a few little pieces of plastic that are missing.
Ok, so the dealer wants to replace the entire thing for $927.00. Do I have any other choices? He said they come unpainted & they will need to paint it (black).
I have an extra set of the heated mirrors I'm willing to let go. PM me if you're interested. I also have a set of the mirror shells, painted Gun Metal Gray, but I have to locate them. Might be buried out in the shed behind two sets of winter tires. I take a look in the AM if you're interested in them also.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an extra set of the heated mirrors I'm willing to let go. PM me if you're interested. I also have a set of the mirror shells, painted Gun Metal Gray, but I have to locate them. Might be buried out in the shed behind two sets of winter tires. I take a look in the AM if you're interested in them also.

Good luck.

Have a good day.
Thanks for the offers. I wouldn't be interested in the gun metal shells so don't bother looking for them. My mirrors are black as they are on a Red Midnight Edition. Is your heated mirror black? Is this an easy enough project for a novice?

·
Super Moderator
1,282 Posts
The actual mirror part is black on all models. The mirror part snaps in and out fairly easily, heater wires are no problem.

I'll look for them in the AM and get back to you.

Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
1,282 Posts
Thanks for the offers. I wouldn't be interested in the gun metal shells so don't bother looking for them. My mirrors are black as they are on a Red Midnight Edition. Is your heated mirror black? Is this an easy enough project for a novice?
Here's photo of the mirrors I removed from my Murano:

The install sheet is for the Heated Blind Spot mirrors, same as the Heated mirrors. PM me if you're interested, include zip for shipping costs. I'm pretty sure that this will fit in a flat rate package.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PaulDay thank you for the pic. It's finally warming up for a few days & I am going to try to see if the broken pieces I have can be somewhat put back together. I may end up only needing a mirror. I will let you know.
Again, thank you so much.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just a comment - I did the same thing, had all the pieces and was able to crazy glue it together. Seriously. It's held for 5 years now. I'll eventually get it fixed, but the cost is crazy! They do come unpainted, which I was a little surprised but makes sense.

Reactions: noizdog

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a comment - I did the same thing, had all the pieces and was able to crazy glue it together. Seriously. It's held for 5 years now. I'll eventually get it fixed, but the cost is crazy! They do come unpainted, which I was a little surprised but makes sense.
I think I'll be doing the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts