Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and bought those stupid sun visor monitors ..... THEY SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cant even see the words, and all I got was a whole bunch of white lines..... I saw the quality of these monitors and just ripped them out the next day......I could not take it anymore.....

Anyway In the process I ruined my OEM sunvisors....which cost $276.67 Each !!!!!! When I called my local parts department at nissan.......

I will have to buy them, and it's my screwup.....but do any of you have any good sugestions on what I could do instead..... needless to say that any way to get these replaced any cheaper would be great.....

Any sugestions......?

Thanks Guy's.....

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Curious what are sunvisor monitors? Perhaps you could find some at a junk yard... probably charge you $5ea.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, they're still expensive, but you can get them for $162.47 each
here . . . Sunvisor

I don't know what color your interior is, so the link is to the charcoal visors, but the price is the same for all colors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Copper Kat, you da man......... That's a heck of alot cheaper than what Nissan want's... Thank you for the good tip......

·
Registered
243 Posts
ryanstowers said:
Copper Kat, you da man......... That's a heck of alot cheaper than what Nissan want's... Thank you for the good tip......
Just curious !

You mean if you remove old sunvisers they are not reusable again...

Or you just tossed them thinking you would never need them again ...

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Listen to Gonzo. Invest 1/2 hour and call around. I am sure you can find sunvisors in a junk yard near you for cheap.

·
Registered
424 Posts
CVeeT said:

Just curious !

You mean if you remove old sunvisers they are not reusable again...

Or you just tossed them thinking you would never need them again ...
I'm guessing that he had to cut a hole in the original visor to install the monitor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I had to cut up the original ones to get the arm of the sunvisor off ( which makes it useless ) The arm is the part of the sunvisor that bolts to the roof ( Headliner ) I bought the sunvisors with the monitors already in them but the arm that it cam with did not fit at all.......

I am gonna learn a big lesson on this one....When you get caught up in a project, sometimes you don't think of the consiquences at all....... In this case, I will have to buy new sunvisors... But in my opinion it's worh it...... I really like to keep my MO looking stock as possible....

But if any of you come across some from a friend or something just let me know.... I am willing to buy....

Ryan

·
Registered
243 Posts
ryanstowers said:
Yeah, I had to cut up the original ones to get the arm of the sunvisor off ( which makes it useless ) The arm is the part of the sunvisor that bolts to the roof ( Headliner ) I bought the sunvisors with the monitors already in them but the arm that it cam with did not fit at all.......

I am gonna learn a big lesson on this one....When you get caught up in a project, sometimes you don't think of the consiquences at all....... In this case, I will have to buy new sunvisors... But in my opinion it's worh it...... I really like to keep my MO looking stock as possible....

But if any of you come across some from a friend or something just let me know.... I am willing to buy....

Ryan
Have you tried wrecking yards, MO is old enough to have few unfortunate totalled mess available for parts.

Try googling !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts