Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
What do you mean by 'connect'?

If you want the ipod audio to line-in into the factory bose/non bose receiver than the answer is Yes. You need to buy the Pac audio interface to allow digital audio line in. Do a search in this forum on PAC AUDIO. Quite a few forum members have provided feedbacks on the quality of the kit and where to buy it.

If what you mean by *connect* the ipod here is to have the ipod like the recent BMW - Apple colaboration hence allowing you to use the up/down button on the steering to control the ipod tracks and the songs info displayed in Murano LCD, then answer is no (NOT YET).

Hope this helps.

·
4,664 Posts
Since I don't have one, I don't know, but does the displayed information get transferred out of the Ipod, or is it just controls that are connected?

It's all possible, just takes someone to do it. If someone has the time, and the software skills, I have the how, on the Murano's side. I don't have an Ipod. (but I keep looking at them... Have to wait until I can get one that says XX on it... XX? Ask me when it's released.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to be able to listen to all my MP3's on my Bose system...I guess a Pac Audio is what I have to look for...thanks !!!

·
4,664 Posts
Yup, it does the job beautifully... Some people want to control the ipod through the radio, that's tougher, but not impossible.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
SyntaxSinner wrote:

I want to be able to listen to all my MP3's on my Bose system...I guess a Pac Audio is what I have to look for...thanks !!!
Sure, glad i can help :)
Now, chalange to Jaak, will you fabricate this Ipod - murano interface like the bmw-ipod interface ? ;)

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Re: SyntaxSinner wrote:

SugarRushMurano said:

Jaak, will you fabricate this Ipod - murano interface like the bmw-ipod interface ? ;)
OMG I would drop my PC project in an instant if we could drive an iPod or competitor from our headunits. Hmm.. come to think of it, I don't know if iPods support turning the spinwheel to browse artists or genres. Can anyone tell us the different ways to browse your music collection (by artist, genre, year, album title, playlist, whatever)? And what data interfaces have existed on the various models? I assume USB 1.1, USB 2.0, and Firewire 1394. That would mean some edits to your design Jaak.

·
4,664 Posts
IF... I get the time to do it, the first project will be in Windows CE (Windows Mobile) on my iPaq PPC, because it has a serial port that can drive the interface directly.

Right now, the only thing that's making me look at the ipod is storage capacity, plus it's easy to use, but the data interface is going to be a nuisance.

I can do it, but I don't have the time, or the programming skills to do it quickly. That's why I keep hoping someone with programming skills will jump in and do something. It's also why I keep throwing out more information, hoping someone will break down and take on the challenge.

Eventually, I know I'll do it, but at this rate, we'll be getting our next Murano!

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you are looken at getting a IPOD, may I suggest a iRiver H140.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1623026,00.asp

A little cheaper and more features! Plus it is like a portable 40 gig Hard-drive!!

And it has a Backlit remote control with 4-line display
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/H140.aspx#

Now for the remote, If I could just somehow get the information that is displayed on the remote, to be displayed on my Murano Screen and be able to control the seeking on the steering wheel controls it would be perfect. The connection on the top of the H140 has to be able to transmit that data. I will get some pics and show them when I get time.

I did alot of research after my car-puter project went south. Read tons of reviews on portable jukeboxes, and came to the conclusion of the H140. Sounds absolutely wonderful with the PAC!!

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
eze, what made you bail on the carputer project? too expensive? I believe I'm going to work on it over the winter, when we in the northeast can be stuck indoors for days at a time. I'm expecting to develop the environment and gui and then buy the gear when I'm ready to deploy.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
The carputer project is cool..

it will be interesting to see where you guys gonna mount the lcd.
That is the biggest block, IMHO, for the carputer mod.
Or course, if you can use the factory lcd (if you got nav), then you have solved 50% of the challange in carputer project. ;)

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Re: The carputer project is cool..

SugarRushMurano said:
Or course, if you can use the factory lcd (if you got nav), then you have solved 50% of the challange in carputer project. ;)
Exactly. Hence the AV Electronic TV Tuner. It has 3 a/v inputs. I figure: Xbox, carputer, and either portable DVD or backup camera. The system automatically switches to input 3 when the backup detector cable is wired to one of the backup lights, and they sell license plate cameras.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Re: Re: The carputer project is cool..

EasternPA said:
The system automatically switches to input 3 when the backup detector cable is wired to one of the backup lights, and they sell license plate cameras.
That's awesome. What I am hoping for is that the 05 factory backup camera works with the MO and then the XBOX mod from generator works with that. If not, I'm going your route.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Ipod conection, Jack help!

I have a 04 MO, Bose, no NAv and No sat. BUT since the MO has the sat cable brought to the rear is there a way to connect the IPOD thru its base connector so I can control it with the radio and steering wheel butions WITHOUT opening up the dash to make connections to the rear of the radio and instead connect to the sat cable by teh bose ?

If that is not possible is it possible to wire the audio out jack on the top of the IPOD to the Rear Connector of the SAT by the bose amp or to the bose amp via a switching relay toswitch in the signal fom the IPOD instead of the audion from the radio head unit to get the audio into the radio speaker system?

Jack what do you think? Thanks Gripper Don

·
4,664 Posts
The connector's different, so by the time you pull things apart and splice wires in, you may as well take out the radio...

It's not as bad as it seems.

If however, you'd rather splice it in, or just stuff jumper wires between the two connectors and tape it all together, I'll get you the pin connections.

You can see the connectors on my website...

http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/ConnectorInfo.htm

·
5,100 Posts
Thanks Jaak, Wonderfull

I am good at making jumpers and splicing. So I would really appreciate it. I went to the web site (have been there before) can you tell me the title of the sat harness (my Mo is 04) that is comming from the radio so I can match it up with the what? Do I still buy a PAC unit or no? Thanks in advance.

·
4,664 Posts
OK, using that connector page as a reference, here's a start.

The two connectors you have to deal with, are the "Sat N-Bus In Connector (to Radio)" which is the end of the harness behind the seats in the Murano and the "Radio N-Bus Connector (View from back of Connector)" which is the Pac connections.

You have to make connections for Ground, Power, Data and Audio.

I'll do this in the format "Harness pin - Pac pin - Connection Description".

H - P - Desc
A - 1 - Audio Left -ve
B - 2 - Audio Left +ve
C - 3 - Audio Right -ve
D - 4 - Audio Right +ve
E - 5 - Audio Ground
F - 6 - Digital Ground
G - not connected
H - 8 - Device Request Line
I - 9 - Device Data Transmit
J - 10 - Radio Data Transmit
K - not connected
L - not connected
M - not connected
N - not connected
O - not connected
P - Connect to Red wire to other connectors - Accessory Power

When you go to do this, check, double check, and triple check, that you have the connector orientation correct.

When I get a chance, I'll look at the wire colours on both and see if I can guide you. If you look at it before then, you'll see that the four Audio wires should look similar and maybe bundled separately from the data lines, so this will be a good clue as to which end, is which.

Take this info, and double check it against my connector pinouts. I'm still waking up, so there's a chance of error!
:eek:

·
5,100 Posts
One Clarification needed

Jaak

I have made all the connections but the last P of REAR SAT N BUS in connector

You stated "P connect to Red wire TO other Connectors. Did you mean Red wire OF the other Two connectors that come with the PAC unit. The other connectors are stricht across excep for the Red wire that is spliced out and goes into the PAC unit. So I assume I can connect the "P" wire to the Red wire After I cut it loose tha save having those two connector ratteling aroung?

Thanks Don

·
5,100 Posts
THE REAR PAC IS IN

Thanks to JAAK and cooler days, My rear installed PAC is in, WITHout removing the Radio, I have the Roardy2 on the "B" Aux in and the Ipod on the "A" it is simply wonderrfull how much better the sound is, than cassettes or a FM modulators.

I have been able to notice that I can get some bleed over in the Pac unit between the two aux channels. If I play the Sat receiver (Roady2) with it's volume output up high and the Ipod turned off I can hear the SAT sounds comming out of the Speakers when I have selected the Ipod Aux position.

However if operated properly everything is great, just a comment as to the lack of complete isolation between channels.

Next comes the Pressure Pro. for tire pressure and then the rear view TV camera.

Thanks again JaaK

·
4,664 Posts
Hey Don, I'm delighted to hear you got it up and running.

PAC Audio uses an IC for switching the audio paths, and it doesn't have as good isolation as relays, but costs a lot less to put in. They'd have to bump up the price another 10-20 bucks to do that. (The relays are fairly cheap, but mark ups would take care of that.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts