Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rain and tstrom was really bad at around 12.30 pm here in Maryland. I was exiting to I50 west from Annapolis and i saw a white murano in high speed try to catch the next exit...all of the sudden whammm, it hit the highway right most concrete wall and loose control and roll over...

Hydroplane?
Overconfident of the awd system?
Defying law of physics?
Malfunctioning traction control?

I was on the left most lane so i could not stop. Some drivers behind the white murano stoped to help the white murano..
I hope the passangers and driver are OK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey SugarRush

Where you at in MD, I am in Severn.. Just north of Annapolis....

ocwill1

·
4,601 Posts
I want to turn this into a poll, so bad....

I vote for overconfident. Bad weather doesn't mean depend on AWD to go fast, ABS to stop and VDC to keep you straight (when you're trying to turn...)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm right between overconfidence and defying the laws of physics considering that you mentioned high speed on an exit. Must of pushed it just a little too hard...

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I vote for AWD "lurching" as has been mentioned on this forum.
Kicks the rear end out as I remember.

Homer

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Don't dismiss plain old stupidity!
We had a guy here in Portland the other night who broke the I 205 speed record at 152 miles an hour. All over the news, and boy, was he proud!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ocwill1...

Hey SugarRush
Where you at in MD, I am in Severn.. Just north of Annapolis....
ocwill1
I am in annapolis ;)

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
ekaxel said:
Don't dismiss plain old stupidity!
We had a guy here in Portland the other night who broke the I 205 speed record at 152 miles an hour. All over the news, and boy, was he proud!
Yeah, that's my vote as well. Just a stupid driver. Probably trying to impress a girl. Those female-types always make us guys do stupid things... :p

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Driving too fast for the given conditions....

·
Registered
593 Posts
A lot of people become over-confident because they're in an SUV. A police officer friend told me most of the accidents they go to during snowstorms involve SUVs.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone seen this cool campaign about SUVs before?

http://www.esuvee.com/flash.html

In response to:

A lot of people become over-confident because they're in an SUV. A police officer friend told me most of the accidents they go to during snowstorms involve SUVs.

·
4,601 Posts
SUV's handle like trucks, not cars.
Well, the Murano handles like a top heavy car, so it's not quite as bad, but that can suck you in even further...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep...Laws of physics + plain ol stupidity factor = ROLL OVER!

Now watch, it will happen to me:p

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
hfelknor said:

Homer

I've only felt this happening on very slippery conditions - i.e, snow and nice. I don't see it happening on a rainy wet road.

However it happened, its clear some people need to slow down!

·
4,601 Posts
hfelknor said:

Homer
AWD LOCK ON

Works well, if the road conditions are bad enough to cause that.

An interesting side note, I've never looked into the speed change on AWD, but I don't see anything that says it does not do AWD above 6 mph on the '05's, just that it takes it out of Lock mode... So it could still very well be in AWD above 6 mph, if the computer believes it's needed.

LOCK mode will change to AUTO mode automatically when the vehicle is accelerated or the vehicle speed is
over approximately 10 km/h (6 MPH). The AWD LOCK indicator light does not go off.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i think it's excessive speed with the cheepo crappo goodyear tires hydroplaning is what caused it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
SugarRushMurano said:

Hydroplane?
Overconfident of the awd system?
Defying law of physics?
Malfunctioning traction control?

I was on the left most lane so i could not stop. Some drivers behind the white murano stoped to help the white murano..
I hope the passangers and driver are OK.
Aren't you just assuming it had AWD? Or, could you see the decal? Remember, there is a FWD version. I vote for hydroplane or just too fast for conditions.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeap, i saw the AWd decals...

I saw the AWD decals...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Leave the MO alone! I think it was just a case of a very bad driver with bad judgement who decided to take a turn too late and too fast.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts