Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i have read article in one of the Polish magazines. They have compared cars with the same engines. And there was compare of Murano to 350z. They said that in both cars engine is working wonderful, but when they have been describing MO they said that CVT is changing gears fast and if you push hard gas it kicks down 2 gears. And if you are driving 100 kph CVT turns on 6 gear. They have also added you can change gears manually.
I remember i have also read test of Audi A4 2.0 CVT and they have compare normal mode when CVT operates like in US MO and sport mode with 7 gears changing by computer. And in normal mode time from 0-100 kph was 9,8s and in sport was 10,8s. They have also said that in sport mode you think that car is faster but it isn't.
So i'am happy i have US MO with more power and normal operating CVT. I hope that DEJONGJ will tell us more about CVT in European model. I have also seen European model at my Polish Nissan dealer but it was Sunday and it was closed, so i looked only at exterior of MO. And i have saw that only in one fog light there are holes and there is small radiator i think for CVT oil.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Teonek,

Not certain I understand, I am a blonde afterall...I didn't think a CVT had gears in the traditional sense...Are you talking about the manual mode?

I can't notice any gear changes at all in our Murano...I must admit that we haven't been able to trash it yet as we still have only about 750 miles on it....

It's just super smooth.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In compare review which i have read they said that when they push gas hard cvt kicks down 2 gears and when you driving 100kph it turns 6 gear and also they said that CVT is changing gears smooth , but not in manual mode. In US model when you push on the gas hard you will get to 5000-6000 rpm and CVT stays there (in CVT with computer programmed gears, CVT is changing to another gear like in normal A/T) and if you have SE model you have manual mode where you can change gear like in normal car.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I will have to wait a little before I can confirm....We don't tend to come about 2500 revs yet....A few more miles on the clock an I will take her up to the red line...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts