Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Today I got so mad at my MO, that I will probably never buy this brand!
Sorry for that, but lately, I'm getting continously problems with it!

After alternator, and broken AC (damm conector), the front driver window seems to be broken!

Here it is:

Yesterday I found, that when I was using the auto open/close function, when the window was heading up, it stops at 1/3 of the window space, and went down again.
Searching threw posts, I found that it can be a problemsomething was blocking, and the special function of closing the window to brake somebodys hand was activating.
Althought, when I was sliding the window holding the button, it was comming all the way up without problems.

Today, I've tried to close the window like this, and after 1/3 of rolling up, it just stopped, and want go up or down at all!
Other windows are working properly.

I was searching over the forum, but apperantely, nobody seems to have the same problem.

Now my car is staying on the yard, with open 1/3 window, which will not go up nor down.

When I push the button, I hear ticking sound (like by other working windows).
I'm able to move glas up and down a little.

So my question is: did the motor of window is burned (broken) or is it just a case of reset/adjusting encoder or something inside?

When I start to think, about getting the car again to a dealer, which will probably say that I need to get the part from US again, I'm getting a huge blood pressure.

Slowly, I'm getting sick of this all small things, which I driving me crazy!

Heeelp :(

Matik

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
updated: after opening the patient

well...

I taked out the cover, and the panel of the door.
This is not so easy work:(

anyway ... could it be, that the engine is broken?
When I push the button now, I hear and feel tick sound (like by fuse) but the engine does not spinn at all:(

Is it possible, that the one is broken?
It is getting a little warm as I feel.

Should it roll even not properly monted?
In other case, when this engine is broken, does any body know, how can I mount and lock the window, to upper position, so I can waint until service will perform an action?

Manual says: "use the normal close operation to slide the window up" (not automatic function) but I can not slide at all :(

Heeelp :(

Matik

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
It does sound like the motor is kaput/dead. This is very unusual.
DC motors just don't go poof, especially ones protected with a fuse.
Look over your connections again and meter them if you can. If the motor is getting warm, it sounds like a mechanical bind of some type.

(gear box ?) Does this thing have a gearbox on it? I have never seen the window motor.

Gang?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
updated: reanimation suceeded

Ok ...

so there is the thing:

8 hour's of work,
discharged battery,
stress,
some scratches on hands,
don't feel the legs,
can mount and dismmount whole doors with my eyes closed ;)

but is working again.

What was the problem?

In my opinion, something is not ok with sliders, or the slideways.
Why? Very simple (now ha ha ha!) ... because now, sliding down work's without a problem. Even auto function, but when sliding up, it breaks a little in three positions of glass (like immieadetely at the beginning, then something like in the middle, and direct before it reaches fully closed position).
The autofunction is not workin at all, because on this "breaks" system reacits in pinch module (thinks, there is something on the way, and pull down the window).

The reason why it was not working from the beginnning, was that the engine, jumped on encoder (does this thing has something like this? doubt ... but this might be a reason).
I found it, because the position of engine, was not matching with either highest position of window or lowest.

To fix this issue, if at any time happend, need to dissasambe whole thing, remove cap from engine, pull out a .... don't know how you call it in englisch, but maybe rottor ... do it carefully, with slight spinning in one dierction.
Then, you will be able to spinn a motor it self, with this square thing which goes then to pulley.

The best way, is to get the glass in max. upper position, block it with for example screwdriver near left mirror.
Then adjust engine and "rottor" with pulley, when the whole slider things should be in upper possition.

Then, using already electric (need to connect shourltly whole thing to a window module) slide it down to possition, where you can see the screws from mounting holder of glass threw two wholes (designed for it). You need first to remove smal stickers from it.

Anyway ... I will go to dealer, let him fix, the issue which is slowing down, or breaking window by mofing it up.

I think, it might be something wrong with this sliders.

Best regards

Matik

PS If somebody is interessted how does it look like, I've made some pictures. Mail me, or post on this thread, and I will send them (or post them)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
It seems to me that the motor is working fine, but the window is out of alignment with the rail that keeps it going up straight. If at an angle, the window will encounter resistance, and activate the anti-pinch feature and stop the motor. I've never seen the window rails of a Murano, but wouldn't be surprised if they were made of plastic, and therefore easily broken or bent.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Service manual also gives procedure for setting the limit switch on the power window motor. Now this is separate from the anti-pinch function, but might be worth doing, now that you are an expert in taking apart the door.

1) Begin with window fully lowered.
2) Remove power window motor from regulator (the large rail assembly).
3) Operate power window switch in the up position for 5 seconds - motor will turn without moving anything.
4) Reinstall power window motor to regulator.
5) Without using AUTO, raise the window to the top

As for the power window regulator, there appears to be no adjustment for it, so it thats whats causing the glass to go out of alignment (and encounter resistance, thereby activating the anti pinch) then you'll have to get a new one.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I think I may have posted on this once but recently I found my left front window was sort of loose and made noise and sometimes would reverse itself. I took the door panel off and discovered the bolts that hold the window regulator assempbly to the door had worked themselves loose and one was almost off all the way. I tightened all the bolts and all was good again. Just remember that the bolts and the nuts are sort of flimzy and you should not over tighten or they will strip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank's for all advises!

Eric: the rails are made from kind of metal.
It is acctualy very solid construction. I really can not say nothing bad about how they thought it.
Well ... at the end ;) After I found the right procedure how to test, remove and put back again everything.

The only stupid idee I personaly found is, that the motor, and rails are immposible to be accessed without panel demontage.
This is from one side very stupid, because in my case, by testing (moving window up and down) I totaly can not see, in which position on rails exactly is this small "breaking" (slowing down).
This is also very difficul to say, the root cause of this situation.
I can guess that this is because something is not proprrly with rails ... but what> ,,, is unable to say.

As attached image, how the rails looks like.

Thanks again for advises.

Matik

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really wish I would have found this earlier... I had the same problem with my Murano last month (exact same problem...window only going 1/3 the way up & stopping). I brought it to the dealership and they charged $514 to fix it. They said that the motor had to be replaced! I would expect transmission service to be $500 but not a window motor replacement. A friend had her Accord window motor replaced for $200...which is the price I would expect.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I had the same issue.... would roll up than about 2 inches back down. They fix it for me free under warranty. It has been fine since.

They replaced part #80730-CA011 in my case.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Texasguy-

What was the breakdown - parts and labor? I bet you the motor itself was $250.

-njjoe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts