Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, on Sunday, I was driving home from Lowes when some lady in her Chevy Blazer decided to not pay attention and she ended up rear ending my MO.

The damage looks superficial but I'm going to take it to the dealer today to have it looked at. The rear bumper cover is going to have to be replaced at the very least.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
mmmmmmmmm
Sorry bout that....
I still don't know how I would react if somebody hurts da Mo......

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Sgt_Beavis said:
Well, on Sunday, I was driving home from Lowes when some lady in her Chevy Blazer decided to not pay attention and she ended up rear ending my MO.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
4,664 Posts
I leave my trailer hitch in, as it seems to keep people further away.

I think they focus on the chrome ball and think about how far it would puncture their front end, before their bumper starts to slide under mine....:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
I feel your pain. I've been rear-ended twice in 4 months. Once in April and again two weeks ago. The one thing this has shown me is that this is one sturdy auto. Both times the rear bumper cover was all that needed to be replaced. And both times the cars that hit me had to be towed away! Their hoods were krinkeled up, lights broken and hanging off and their radiators leaking. I am amazed how well this car can take a hit.

FYI, The estimate I got for repair both times was about $680. Hope you get your baby fixed quickly.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
That is not so bad at$680 dollars ....

When i first bought the MO, i was afraid it will coost lots of money to fix the the rear of the murano as it shaped like the glass art curves (hence the name murano).

Years ago, i remember it cost 3x as much to replace my dad's opel blazer rear glass [in US it is: chevy blazer]. The glass has the curvy design covering the entire rear and top hatch.

From what you said, the rear bumper cover defineltely protects the rear. Just hope there is no structural damage that will cause tickings. ;)

Now, I think people are hypnotized by the beautiful curve of the murano's rear and they decided to crash themselves to us. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I had the same happen to me last week. Car is in the shop. Same situation.... just bumper cover damage to the rear and the Honda that hit me could drive away but had signifcant damage to the front end. See my thread .

Funny thing is that somehow my hatch got damaged and is "warped" slightly. They are goona replace the entire hatch. So I'm getting a new front and rear bumper cover too (was pushed into the car in front of me).

I can't wait to get my MO back. I'm driving a rental.... Honda Civic. you know this little Honda is build pretty good... doesn't have a single rattle. I wish Nissan would compare notes with Honda. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Punted

I got punted in July.He got my bumper cover and bent my tail pipe.
Thats all that got hurt. There is a piece of styrafoam between the bumper and the body of the car.

Loggerdude
04 SE AWD Pewter

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome to the club.

I feel for you. It's a very SAD thing. Got the same problem a month ago, and I ended up with a brand new rear bumper cover on the wall in my garage. Is yours Black?:confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wasn't rear ended but I rear ended a FORD FOCUS... The MO suffered 1300.00. Included bumper, both pieces and foam. New radiator, license plate holder and AC line and grill. FORD FOCUS.... well, about 3-4K of damaged. He decided to stop at a green light. His rear end was toast.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Black MO here.... I had the rear bumper cover and the right tail pipe too. My hatch also got warped. They are gonna replace the entire hatch. Car is just sitting there waiting for the hatch to come in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Living in the D.C. aea, where aggressive driving is treated as a constitutional right, I've been rear-ended three times (just got the Murano, though). My favorite was back in the day when I owned an Isuzu Amigo, which mounts the spare on the rear gate. I guy in a Lexus rear-ended me in a traffic circle going, oh, 10mph. He slid right under the spare. Two tiny scratches on my rear bumper -- I didn't even bother to get it fixed -- and thousands to fix his caved-in hood, smashed grill and cracked radiator.

Another guy smacked me on a highway when I was trying to make a left turn. He tried to stop and just didn't quite make it in time. $300 damage to my car; his had to be in the many thousands (smashed-in hood again). And a guy accidentally backed into my parked PT Cruiser in a parking lot a couple of years ago, leaving a baseball-sized dent in the rear bumper; because of the construction of the Cruiser, the entire rear quarter panel had to be replaced. $1,200 for a 5mph accident!

Fortunately, none of these were my fault :4:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
BARCODE
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing