Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my car and I love it! I couldn't wait till this morning to wake up and start the Zaino project. I've never washed or waxed a car before. I folled the instructions and it was really fairly easy, just time consuming. I was done by noon. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mo looks beautiful.. that zaino really gives the paint a real deep look to it.. i should get me some zaino as well.. great job again

·
Registered
50 Posts
get yourself some of the new Z-8 detail spray...........great stuff.......leaves an incredibly deep "wet-look" to your paint

·
Registered
48 Posts
SWEET !!!!!!:claphead:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Springtime in Ohio...

It's Spring, and a young man's fancy leads to thoughts of love. This "old man's" thoughts lead to: "How can I make washing these bugs off my MO?" So, what I was wondering, will something like Zaino make the paint surface easier to clean? I mean, I need something that makes a touchless car wash spray off the bugs...thousands of them this weekend, just driving around!

Regards,

Big

·
Registered
717 Posts
Re: Springtime in Ohio...

big_daddy_mpd said:
It's Spring, and a young man's fancy leads to thoughts of love. This "old man's" thoughts lead to: "How can I make washing these bugs off my MO?" So, what I was wondering, will something like Zaino make the paint surface easier to clean? I mean, I need something that makes a touchless car wash spray off the bugs...thousands of them this weekend, just driving around!

Regards,

Big
Zaino or Klasse All in One will work pretty well.

I've found the best "fresh bug" remover is a bottle of Meguiar's Quik Detailer and a micro fiber towel, especially if you've got a good Zaino or Klasse layer on the paint ahead of time.

The QD will also work on dried and crusty bugs, but it make take an application or two to remove them completely.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
another good thing for bugs and bird crap is moistened dryer sheets. just rub over affected area and wipe away with a clean towel. ohh and supposedly peanut butter works wonders on road tar.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
is it possible to apply zaino properly with and orbital buffer??

·
Registered
438 Posts
Zaino's instructions don't recommend orbitals since the relatively small pads get gunked up with their stuff pretty fast. They recommend hand applying it and buffing. Random orbitals are good for polishing though.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
haha i remember hand buffing regular carnuba wax and polish on. on a black truck for that matter. boy was it a pain. is it really tedious to put on zaino?? how about that speed enhancer. does it really make a difference? is it ok to take the zaino off with an orbital buffer??

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I have argued this with Sal Zaino for at least 10 years.
He is a brilliant guy, but he is stubborn.
All over his web site he talks about "buffing".
He wouldn't know buffing if it bit him in the butt.

What does "buff" mean to you?
I picture myself all those years RUBBING and rubbing HARD trying to get every last bit of Carnauba wax residue off the paint
It was HARD.
It still is.

FACT: Canauba wax is hard.
FACT the more Yellow Carnauba wax that is in the product you are using, the longer it will last. And the harder it is to get off.
IF you are using a product that claims to have a lot of Carnauba wax, and it is easy to apply/remove, they are BSing you.
The best is a mixture of Carnauba and bees wax. Blended.
That way you have the soft wax to helop apply the hard wax.
Take away the Bees wax and add more carnauba, and you really NEED anorbital buffer, iMO.

Now to Zaino.
Zaino is not a wax.
It is a chemical. It is a Polymer. A polymer similiar to the "coating" that replaced "paint" on automobiles some years ago.
You wipe it on.
You wipe it off.
What does "wipe" mean to you?
To me it means moving the 100% coton towel over the surface without pushing hard or fast. It means turning the towel often.
It means easy.

That's Zaino.
There is no "buffing" in the traditional sense.
Yes you can use an orbital buffer.
But why?
I can remove Zaino faster with a towel than you can get out the buffer, get out the extension cord, find and install the lambs wool pad, and remove the Zaino.
And I will use less effort besides.

The speed enhancer helps the polymer dry quickly.
Certainly by the time you are finished applying Zaino on your Murano, the part where you started is dry and ready for removal IF
1- the humidity is less than 75%
2- You didn't put it on too heavy.
(This is the number one problem with Zaino.
No matter how many times you tell people, they cannot seem to comprehend that you should use less than a couple of ounces on a murano. It needs to be put on as thin as possible.)

IF you use two full ounces you are using way too much.
If it is at all a problem (streaking, etc) to remove, you used too much and/or the humidity is too high).

Hope this helps.

Sal, if you are reading this (He reads a LOT of forums) please forgive me. (And drop the word "buff" from your website!)

Homer

·
Registered
438 Posts
hfkelnor, well said.

The first time I used the stuff, I will admit I used too much. Now that I've been Zaino-ing for a few years on several different cars, I find myself using less and less to the point where I think I will NEVER actually have to buy more Zaino again. Come to think of it, that's not a very good marketing

I think a good trick for Zaino n00bs is to pick a panel on the car, and put a ridiculously small amount on there (pretend it's $1,000 an oz). It might even seem like a few wipes didn't even get any stuff on there. Let it dry and wipe it off. You'll find that even the areas that didn't seem to "glaze" like a wax would when drying will be shiny. That's how thin a layer of this stuff you need.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
so for lets say the hood of the MO, i should use like a pea sive amount??

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
alright
hmm...
maybe i'll have to try it out
do you guys recommend getting the package or should i get stuff individually and if individually then what do i get??

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been using Zaino produst for about 1.5 years now. I own almost everything they make. The shine is awsome and the more you put on the better. I will say since I have a Black MO I did have it recently buffed out to take out all the swirl marks that built up over the tha past two years. And now its a deep mirror.
I started using their pastic and tire polish and that even works better than anything I have ever used. But its not cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts