Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Atlantians

how did you survive the ice storm? I lost power 5:00 am at home and 9:00 am at work. After that office caught fire! Had to cancel trip to Chicago.

Also just got information that 7 trees in my backyard are down………what a nightmare…..hope others had better time…..

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
That is great!! :2:

Do you think heated wipers would do the trick? Or maybe a lock de-icer?

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
My power went out at around 7:30, the wifey called me at work via her cell and informed me. My oldest has exams this week so was home at 11:00 and said it was back on when he got here.
There are some pine limbs down out front, no trees down.
There is still ice on some of the trees but most are just dripping.

Hey, that was some pic there, I bet heated windshield washer fluid wouldn't have helped either!
LOL

·
Registered
629 Posts
Kris said:
Hi Atlantians

how did you survive the ice storm? I lost power 5:00 am at home and 9:00 am at work. After that office caught fire! Had to cancel trip to Chicago.

Also just got information that 7 trees in my backyard are down………what a nightmare…..hope others had better time…..
Caught FIRE? How did THAT happen??

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea! The only logical explanation is that there was some electrical problem....no big deal...after standing for an hour in a freezing rain we were allowed back to the office. No trip to Chicago though.....going deep South on Monday.....and I mean deep South.......close to the Equator......welcome Sunshine!:)

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Was it like this?
This is great shot. Look like the Photoshop work, but I know its real. I do not want to be a owner of this Chevy/BMW/Acura (circle one).:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Went out this morning, and we didn't get much ice (maybe 1/10"). But when I tried to open the doors on my MO, they were frozen shut. Took me some banging and wiggling to get the driver door open. Couldn't get the others. I had to stuff my 8-year-old in through the front and have him push on the other doors as I pulled. Anyone else have issues opening their doors when there's freezing rain?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'd take feet of snow over an ice storm any day.

Kris, if you're ever flying in to Midway be sure to watch the end of the run way ;)

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GMTURBO43 said:
Kris, if you're ever flying in to Midway be sure to watch the end of the run way ;)
It was one of the reason I canceled my yesterday flight. It was Midway......To be honest I never felt good about landing at this AIRPORT (and I have done it many times). ;)

·
Registered
781 Posts
The area surrounding the airport always made me more nervous than the airport itself. :11: It is MUCH nicer than it was 5 years ago - the airport has just been remodeled.

The drive is about the same for me either O'Hare or Midway. Midway flights were significantly cheaper - it was less hassle to get in and out. There isn't such a price difference anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Interesting the discussion took this route. I happen to be flying out of (and then later back to) O'Hare this Sunday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts