Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the IceLink Aux finally installed in the Murano.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The ProClip installed onto the dash in about 30 seconds. No drilling, no tape, but very stable.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the iPod playing through the PAC Audio SAT to Aux converter.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
How to?

I have looked over the icelink site and never came across the MO being compatible with the unit.

How did you work this out. Is it a year issue? I have an '03 which seems to be limiting in and of itself.

Thanks!

Don

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Technically, it's not a "purist" install and it's not a year issue.

I really wanted an install that would turn the iPod on and off automatically, play through the headunit, and provide line level input through the docking port.

I installed a PAC Sat-to-Aux adapter. I bought the IceLink Aux-only cradle/cable and a ProClip mount. The IceLink connects to the PAC unit and then plays through the SAT input on the back of the head unit.

PAC was $80 from JT Audio (thanks, dude, for the forum discount).

IceLink Aux only cradle was $119.

ProClip was $29.

Expensive, yes; but I had very particular install criteria and this was the only way to meet them.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
AHHHHHHH

Saito,

Thanks for the reply. This is very different then the other solution I was trying to work out with the AAI-NIS from PAC.

I quess you used the IceLink version 1, correct. The v.2 seems to have more functionality with selection of playlist and steering wheel controls but as of yet not supported for the 03 MO.

I am now also looking for a solution for my new XM MiFi I got for Christmas. I am thinking of making a new post on this topic as it seems there are all the pin outs on the MiFi to do external channel selection, etc.

If anyone else out there has info on this please let me know.

Again thanks,

Don

·
Registered
28 Posts
ipod

Hi, I just setup my ipod in my murano 2005, I use a PAC AAI-NIS IPOD audio input, ( www.Pac-audio.Com) and connected to the Sat output adapter that came with the bose radio. But I can not turn off and on the ipod with this, I so that with the ice link adapter you can control this, but way you use the Pac adapter, how you connect the Pac to the ice link, and if you have the ice link way you need the pac..

Thanks

·
4,664 Posts
The Pac unit does supply a voltage on a wire, for each audio input selected. If you can use this to control the ipod's power (does is allow you to signal it this way?) it's part the way there...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the reply, yes the PAC give has the auxiliary power out for each output, but I did not now how to connect this, so instead I use the cigarette lighter power supply, that's the reason way I have to turn off and on the Ipod, But apart of that it works very well.

If you now how to wire the out cables threw the pac to the Ipod, that really can help.

Thank Bye

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Christian Bravo

Others may have better views but suppose you use a simple single pole relay that close when it get a signal and what it does is complete the path from power to the IPOD power in. The relay are available at most auto parts stores. Coil input to the PAC output line other side of coil to ground. One of the relay switch points to 12vdc power and the other to the Ipod power input. :D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Re: Christian Bravo

GripperDon said:
Coil input to the PAC output line other side of coil to ground. :D
I think PAC output line is negative. So the other side of coil needs to go to positive. ;)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
zebelkhan

Yo may be right i was following jaak's input that the "The Pac unit does supply a voltage on a wire, for each audio input selected" So if it goes to ground then you are correct and switch the connection to the coil. :D

·
4,664 Posts
Denison has the capability to do full integration, so that you could hide your iPod in the console, yet have full control and display of information in the Murano.

I'm not sure that they have all the info on N-Bus to emulate a Sat recevier or CD changer, so I've emailed them on that.

That would make me get an iPod. Nothing else would, but that would...

·
Registered
61 Posts
jaak said:
Denison has the capability to do full integration, so that you could hide your iPod in the console, yet have full control and display of information in the Murano.

I'm not sure that they have all the info on N-Bus to emulate a Sat recevier or CD changer, so I've emailed them on that.

That would make me get an iPod. Nothing else would, but that would...
Jaak,

Did you ever hear back from Dension?

·
4,664 Posts
Nope, not a byte. Didn't even get a canned response, which concerns me a little if one was to buy one or their products and then need support.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts