Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just let the car warm up probably a half hour. Came out to leave and get in and it wouldn't rev. Turned it off and back on did the same thing. Turned it back off and on again then it worked seems to be fine. Just stopped to get gas started it back up and started driving away and it was like the throttle is getting stuck. So anyone know what's going on? No check engine lights or anything we have gas. Just need ideas on what could be wrong so my husband can fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
How old is your battery? The symptoms you mentioned can be caused by a failing battery...

Start with the basics, have your battery and alternator load tested. Also be sure your battery terminals are corrosion free and snug. Also check of OBD2 error codes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old is your battery? The symptoms you mentioned can be caused by a failing battery...

Start with the basics, have your battery and alternator load tested. Also be sure your battery terminals are corrosion free and snug. Also check of OBD2 error codes.
Not sure we just got it from a used car dealership it won't start at all now he's thinking we'll hoping it's the battery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure we just got it from a used car dealership it won't start at all now he's thinking we'll hoping it's the battery.
We are trying to jump the car right now. We seriously have the worst luck with vehicles no way I'm gonna pay over 6k for this car we haven't even had it a week we just put 2500 down on it and the dealer didn't even tell us that the driver window had everything except the glass missing they said it was prob a fuse that's why it wasn't working so he took it apart and we found a piece of wood inside held by zip ties to hold the window in place.

Just jumped it and it started. Can the battery cause the trans to go into limo mode?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Still won't go tho
Is the battery charge warning lamp on the dash lit when the engine is running? If so, charging system problem which may explain why the battery died.

Yes, electrical problems will cause engine/transmission performance problems in these cars.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
And, based on the info in post #4, I'd suggest returning the car, if possible. That dealership is not scrupulous and who knows what else they've hidden.

Reactions: Pilgrim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And, based on the info in post #4, I'd suggest returning the car, if possible. That dealership is not scrupulous and who knows what else they've hidden.
Then we are out 2500 dollars plus the 90 for the window stuff and the battery we are about to buy. Trust me if we could and get our money back even most of it I would. I didn't want the car to begin with and we still have 4k to pay off. We don't have money like that we live paycheck to paycheck I'm a stay at home mom and he works his ass off for me and our 4yo daughter and 9 month old son. We just wanted no needed something safe and family friendly for our kids. This sucks so bad I'm trying to keep myself together but he's freaking out and blaming himself. Sorry about all of that but we bought it in bridgeport ohio at cars to fit any budget.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hope it's just the battery. Why I hate buying used cars, you honestly don't know what your buying and getting the dealer to help is almost impossible :(

·
Administrator
9,099 Posts
Then we are out 2500 dollars plus the 90 for the window stuff and the battery we are about to buy. Trust me if we could and get our money back even most of it I would. I didn't want the car to begin with and we still have 4k to pay off. We don't have money like that we live paycheck to paycheck I'm a stay at home mom and he works his ass off for me and our 4yo daughter and 9 month old son. We just wanted no needed something safe and family friendly for our kids. This sucks so bad I'm trying to keep myself together but he's freaking out and blaming himself. Sorry about all of that but we bought it in bridgeport ohio at cars to fit any budget.
Return it and go to small claims court to recover the difference. No judge is going to let them get away with not disclosing a missing window!

Reactions: Meanleen

·
Super Moderator
1,407 Posts
the dealer didn't even tell us that the driver window had everything except the glass missing they said it was prob a fuse that's why it wasn't working so he took it apart and we found a piece of wood inside held by zip ties to hold the window in place.
In the state that I live in, it is totally illegal to drive a car that the driver's door or window is not operational. If you get pulled over and either one isn't working, you get a citation and have 10 days to fix it or loose your registration.

This I know from personal experience. Check your local DMV laws on the car conditions disallowed when being sold by a dealer. Knowingly selling and not disclosing this issue, is probably illegal.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Meanleen

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Contact the Consumer Protection Division of the Ohio Attorney General. At the very least, they may be able to inform you on what your options are considering this used car dealership was not operating in good faith and didn't disclose at least one clearly bad (and unsafe) defect when they sold you the car.

Consumer Protection - Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Return it and go to small claims court to recover the difference. No judge is going to let them get away with not disclosing a missing window!
It's ohio there isn't any lemon laws or anything. If you look on Google at the reviews it's horrible they even replied to a couple saying they have no clue what they were talking about that they never sold a car to said person. Ugh this sucks so bad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Contact the Consumer Protection Division of the Ohio Attorney General. At the very least, they may be able to inform you on what your options are considering this used car dealership was not operating in good faith and didn't disclose at least one clearly bad (and unsafe) defect when they sold you the car.

Consumer Protection - Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost
I will do that first thing tomorrow thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't get it. Sounds like no test drive and inspection was done before buying this used car.
We did we asked questions like I said the company's "mechanic" said the window issue was most likely a fuse. It's not like we could just take the car apart right there and see what was wrong with it before we bought it. He did test drive it there was nothing wrong with it everything looked and sounded great. We haven't had an issue until today. They said nothing else was wrong with the vehicle. Weve had about 10 vehicles in the last 5 years when I say we have the worst luck with vehicles I mean it. I'm not saying they all broke down or anything we've traded some junked some but this is the most expensive vehicle we've purchased we shouldn't have issues a week in. Oh and the windshield has a crack in it which we were fine with it's 220 to replace. But the rest was unknown and things we couldn't see or hear when inspecting the vehicle. He knows how to work on cars and all that thank God.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In the state that I live in, it is totally illegal to drive a car that the driver's door or window is not operational. If you get pulled over and either one isn't working, you get a citation and have 10 days to fix it or loose your registration.

This I know from personal experience. Check your local DMV laws on the car conditions disallowed when being sold by a dealer. Knowingly selling and not disclosing this issue, is probably illegal.

Good luck.

Have a good day.
Thank you. Here is the inside of the door with the wood and zip ties holding the window in.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
That is outright fraud. When you talk to the Ohio AG Office, present that picture and any other evidence you have.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts