Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Canadian MO
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Murano SL 2004, with Exon Headlights, and yes the retrofit works prefectly (w/ highbeams) real easy to do, I have the mag bra and cargo bay cover too.. anyone interested, I want to buy a 350Z..

the MO has only 7800 km, only.
Glacier Pearl. non smoker, mint condition.

·
4,601 Posts
You're not going to drive the Z in the winter are you?

·
5,244 Posts
jaak said:
You're not going to drive the Z in the winter are you?
Why not? It would be a lot of FUN :22:

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
"It's a neat trick, but I can only do it once." -- Daffy Duck

·
Registered
842 Posts
jack said:
I have a Murano SL 2004, with Exon Headlights, and yes the retrofit works prefectly (w/ highbeams) real easy to do, I have the mag bra and cargo bay cover too.. anyone interested, I want to buy a 350Z..

the MO has only 7800 km, only.
Glacier Pearl. non smoker, mint condition.
Jack
How much do you want for it as I may have a friend who maybe interested in it.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Jack, we will miss you... a pioneer in hid retrofit :)

Sure you dont want to keep the MO? :p

·
Canadian MO
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Stoker

I wa just in Calgary ( Last Sunday and Monday) and bought my wife a 4runner( sorry for all Mo owner) , in our line of work, off road capabilities is very important. (wellsite Geologist)

I was thinking about 39,000GST included or best offer., it is in mint condition and with the Xenon Headlights too.. Glacier Pearl and I am a non smoker.. let me know if you are interested.. the mileage is exactly 7815km... With a brand new oil change..

let me know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey jack,

i 'm interested in the xenon head lights.
where did you get the parts (hosuing etc..)for it
and how much did it cost?

i want HID on my SL too, but i'm not every good and these electrical things.

Pleaae help.:)

·
Canadian MO
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first.. really easy to do.. no wire needs to be cut. you only need to splice to two other wires and connect to the battery and that's it..

the reason why i am telling you this is because, the light will plug in right away, but the high beams won't work.. a couple of wires and a relay will fix this on no time and works perfectly.

I purchased mine on e-bay.. they vary from 100.00 to 200.00us each.. i haven't looked lately.. I recommend doing the swap. changes the looks big time. makes it look more upscale..

Send me you e-mail and i have all the pics on how to remove and install the lights and also how to retrofit the highbeam issue.

Go for it!
JAck

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh I too want to get the Xenons on my SL...but I am not a very good technical kinda guy either....maybe hopefully if there's a meet in Toronto we can get together and take the jump together.

·
Canadian MO
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is really easy to do?

Get the lights and I''ll guide you through the process... it's a no brainer.

I have all the pics to show you how to do it.. and it won't could you more than 30 dollars..(wires and relay) it can cost you much less, but if you want to do it right follow my instructions. on my MO, you can't tell @ all. Just like factory, just a little bit of time to remove the front grill and the headlights.

Jack:)

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Jack send me those pic and when they are combined with the service manual

($20 download), it is really easy to swap the headlight.

Of course, ytou must have all the tools like scredrivers, socket drives of the right size etc
Do the stage 1 first: sawp out the headlight and plug in the hid headlight.
Then do stage 2: splcing into the wiring to get the hi-beam working.
You need to fabricate a simple relay per ekaxel's drawing.

You can pm me or jack for questions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sounds good...now I just need to hunt down a pair of lights first.
So do I need to remove the bumper or anything? I am thinking if I am going to put in the Xenon, the fogs and cornering light are going to be similar shade.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
You do not to remove the bumper...

but you need to remove the grille and a couple of retainer bars/plastic covers.
Contact Jack and request for pics
I remember he got eveything documented when he swaped the whole thing out. He did sent it to me though.

·
Canadian MO
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no you do not need to remove the bumper, for the light colors, well it's pretty minor, unless you change the Xenon to 8500K, you'll never get anything that will come close to them..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Okay thanks so much guys! I will contact you once I get the lights!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts