Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mo is being delivered on Saturday and I am planning on using my Zaino kit on Sunday. I've never so much as washed a car myself (I always go to the carwash). Any suggestions would be appreciated. It looks like the weather will be about 64 degrees and sunny on Sunday. Hope it wont take long to dry

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Plan to get plenty of rest before and after Zainoing. Drink lot's of fluid, and have someone nearby in case of extreme fatigue :2:

I hear it is tough work...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Try to apply as little Zaino per step as you possibly can. Almost to the point of not being able to see it on the car. If you see a thick haze (similar to what you expect with a carnuba wax) develop, you've probably used too much.

Let it really dry well between applications. One wipe with a microfiber towel should leave a smooth surface with no smearing. If it is smearing, you've applied too much or haven't waited long enough or both.

Try to stay in the shade.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have someone nearby in case of extreme fatigue

Oh My God!!! You're freaking me out!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Aren't you supposed to wait till the paint has cured? Or does that just apply to certain types of wax?

·
Registered
719 Posts
CopperKat said:
Aren't you supposed to wait till the paint has cured? Or does that just apply to certain types of wax?
I think the general concensus is that the paint is cured when the clear coat is applied, and then the clear coat cures on the boat ride over from Japan.

·
4,664 Posts
Perfect temperature for it this weekend, but yes, try to do it in the shade.

Forecast for Toronto....

Attachments

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
other resources

Try this page... http://autopia.org/

Do a search on Zaino in the "University" Forum and you'll find what the detailers say about Zaino.

It's a good source of info on car care.

Use Zaino sparingly. Their web page has good information as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ella,

You will have no problem, just follow directions they send with kit. Also do a search in forums for Zaino, there was apost that helped me a lot. Just take your time and enjoy what your doing because when your finished it will be worth it. Have a lawn chair refreshments your radio and have fun. Like post above put in on thin, if you use additive to make it set up faster you can wait 15-30 min between coats. I have had a lot a compliments on my Mo and I did my neighbors car and now he`s sold on it. Any other questions just ask.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ella138 said:
have someone nearby in case of extreme fatigue

Oh My God!!! You're freaking me out!!!
"Zainoing" really requires little physical effort. The claybar can seem tedious, but the results are well worth it!

The actual application of the "wax", done properly, is effortless.

The reason it's so time consuming, is that the initial application is several steps.

Wash, Claybar, Wash, Apply coat, Wipe, Use the spray, Apply coat, Wipe, use the spray.....

Give it at least a few hours, multi task by cutting the grass or doing another chore while the stuff dries.

You won't be sorry, and the only thing that will freak you out is the shine....:26: :26: :26:

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, any houses for sale in your neighbourhood?:p

·
Registered
48 Posts
When your retired you finds things to do and I enjoy keeping my vehicles clean. Also here in Burgh area we have had 12 days of sun so we have to make the most of it.:cool: If you where in my area bring refreshments and a little elbow grease.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How well does the process rate on removing swirl marks. My black MO is showing some swirlies on its clear coat. Probably from my persistent hand washing. Does the process work well for swirls?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your input, my husband thinks I'm nuts to be doing this. I dont have quite as many steps because the car is brand new. After speaking to Sal Zaino, I dont need to use the clay bar and because I have their new product ZFX I dont need to put on a coat of Z-1. So its wash, dry, apply Z-2, remove, apply Z-6 remove. That's about as ambious as I plan to be. I hope one coat of Z-2 and Z-6 is enough to see shiny results
Ella

1 - 15 of 15 Posts