Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you have a 15 or 16 murano, have the "enhanced diagnostic logic for cvt" done per NTB16-085 ASAP! i kinda noticed something like the infamous judder/shudder (felt like old school manual transmission "lugging" to me) upon occasion so figured i'd have the cvt diagnostic logic enhanced per the above bulletin before my powertrain warranty is up soon. as soon as it was done, codes p17f1 & p17f0 came up at the dealer; it seems the tcm is storing them but has no way to set off a dummy light or even display these codes to code-reader because it doesn't know how to/cant?! its either a sub-assembly or new tranny. only have 30K on it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Question: how did you approach this with the dealer? Did you go in asking for the NTB bulletin to be performed or did you go in with a complaint about an occasional shudder? Curious because the dealers around here will do everything they can to charge a diagnosis fee of $157

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Question: how did you approach this with the dealer? Did you go in asking for the NTB bulletin to be performed or did you go in with a complaint about an occasional shudder? Curious because the dealers around here will do everything they can to charge a diagnosis fee of $157
had to go in for the abs (3rd time, 2nd new abs module) so told them to upgrade the cvt's software while they're at it; did inform them about judder.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2015 Murano SL. I noticed the same jerking motion but in the beginning I just thought it was typical of the CVT. It never got any better or any worse but I did notice that my gas mileage was decreasing. Fortunately the dealership I bought it from went out of business and a very reputable dealer took that dealership over. When I saw notice come out I called up the new dealership because it was just around the corner from where I work and made an appointment to have them run a computer check on the transmission. I had over 58,000 miles on it at the time. They took my car in and within less than 15 minutes the service manager came out and told me that the transmission was failing. As my stomach dropped he told me don't worry when these codes come up they almost 100% of the time get the okay to replace the whole transmission. Within less than 10 minutes he had the approval to replace the entire transmission. He set me up with a Rogue as a loner free of charge. He said the parts would take a few days to get in and then about 2 days to install and test. I asked him if my car would be all right to drive until the parts came in. He said he would not take the chance because if the transmission completely failed I would have to cover the towing. I took a loner and drove home nowhere is as nice as the Murano but it was free. 4 days later I was called and my car was done. I now have 85,000 miles on my car and is running very well. Better gas mileage and the automatic braking while going downhill at less then 40 MPH was a surprising extra even though I thought there was something wrong with it 1st time it did it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
NTB16-085
That's great, I have experienced this at low speed while climbing steep hils and assumed it was just a CVT thing. I googled the NTB number and printed the fisrt page to take to the dealer. I bought it used a year ago and it only has 38k miles.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i have a '15 with 70k miles never experienced any issue with the CVT. I dont wanna screw anything up so i will pass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts