Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find the in cabin microfilter on my 2003. Anyone know where it is and is there a trick to accessing it?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
There is extensive coverage on this with lots of good tips in the forum. Do a search and you will find it. In case you do not, if you remove the glove box you will find the filter housing behind it

·
4,664 Posts
Going from memory...

Three screws along the bottom, the one on the right had a black cap on it, four screws on the top, when it's open, two of them hold in the latch, look out for the wiring to the light, squeeze the connector to release it and there is the white container with the filter, right in front of you.

Don't remember how it opens, but I do remember it's simple.

·
Registered
719 Posts
This is one of those items that should be posted in the Knowledge Base with the page from the service manual. Lots more people are going to be looking for this soon, approximtely 60,000............

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Funny this came up. My Mo is in the shop again to take care of the "flat tire false alarms" and, like all dealers, when the car's ready to be picked up they call to sell you more stuff. This time, they tried to sell me the cabin filter when I had that done back in May before the cross country drive. They also offered up the power steering flush for $89.

So yes, you're right in that a lot of people should start looking for that filter. I think that's a 25,000 or 30,000 mile replacement thing. 36,218 right now. In the shop... again.

·
4,664 Posts
There's not much detail in the SM about it... It is pretty easy. Take out the glove box with a phillips screwdriver, pop off the cover, change the filter, put it back together.

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Here's a pic of the glove box out...

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, things that leak fluids are a nuisance...:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts