Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. This is my first day on forum. I've never owned an SUV but am in the market for one now. I wish to purchase one within the next 4 months. The two that interest me are the Murano and the Honda CRV. I recognize these are two different breeds (mini vs. mid), so to speak, but I am still prioritizing my needs and how much I wish to spend.

I live in Orlando, Florida. I want to know what is considered a fair price for the Murano when purchased directly from a dealer, preferably Orlando area but other areas, too, will be helpful. Anyone ever purchase new one at or less than MSRP? I am interested in the 2005 year, not sure what model yet but assume base. Ever any factory rebates on vehicle? Any other useful information is welcome.

I haven't started reading through the other threads yet so I apologize if a similar thread already exists.

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Glenn,

I live up in the Gainesville area and bought a 2003 Murano about 2 1/2 years ago from the local dealership. At that time, since the Murano was pretty new to the market, some dealerships were not willing to make much of a deal on this vehicle. I was able to negotiate a price that was $500 over dealer invoice, and that included the dealership trading a dealership in Sebring for the exact Murano that I wanted. Others on this board have been able to get deals at or below dealer invoice. At no time would I ever pay MSRP for a car. Check out Edmunds.com and Cars.com to see what the dealer invoice price is currently in your area. You might also check out CarsDirect.com. There were recently some rebates for the Murano, but I don't see any at this particular time.

I've driven a Honda CRV, and the difference between the CRV and the Murano is like night and day. After driving the Murano, I wouldn't even look at the CRV again. There's no question that the CRV is a fine vehicle, but its ride is pretty harsh, and the amenities are sparse. And there's nothing better than the Murano's continuously variable transmission. I'm a fan of the Murano and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one!

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually bought both the Murano and the CRV in March. I love the Murano and my spouse loves the CRV. I got the Murano at invoice and they gave me $800 more on trade in than any other dealers. I can't remember exactly what we paid for the CRV, but it is a great vehicle! We traded in a CRV for another, nothing like a repeat buyer.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Glenn

I live in and purchased my vehicle in the Orlando area and paid invoice. As others have said i would never pay MSRP for a vehicle again. I bought mine at Bill Ray Nissan and though I think I got a fair deal their service dept. has left me less than satisfied. I had a bad experience at Classic Nissan so I cannot recomend them. They pulled the "we can't find your keys" trick to try and keep us at the dealership. All of my contact with Deland Nissan were very good but I ended up buying the vehicle closer to home. Deland gave me the best over the phone price and is rated very high as a Nissan award of excellence dealer, as well as Reed Nissan. I think if you drive the CRV and the Murano back to back, there is no comparison. Good luck with your search and if you need any help just PM me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts