Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...we just picked up our 05 Merlot SL AWD w/ Touring. This will be my wife's vehicle. She got sick of her Lincoln Aviator and wanted something more manageable. For her it came down to the Mo' and a Toyota Highlander Limited. After test driving both extensively, she ultimately picked the Mo'. If it was me only, it would have been a no brainer even if the Mo' cost more (which it didn't!).

Anyway, I'm sure everyone already knows what they love/not so love about their awesome Murano...but I'll list ours anyway:

Loves:

Intelligent Key - This has to be the coolest feature of the car. After just one day of using it, we both felt natural about using it. Way cool feature especially for her. Many times she has to dig thru her purse looking for her keys, not no Mo'!!

Merlot Red - very unique color. Hard to find a burgandy in this shade. I think I've only seen a Lexus ES330 with a similar shade. We initially wanted Glacier Pearl, but ruled it out as we preferred the charcoal interior.

HIDs - our first car w/ xenons. Never again will I buy a car w/o them.

'Compact Size' - After driving an Aviator for 2 years, this thing feels like a sports car. Lighter, nimble, and way easy to park.

ATM screen - the display unit reminds us of an ATM machine! Even the font Nissan uses looks like it!! We actually like the way it looks and more importantly the info within it. I read the 06 will have a full color screen regardless if you have Nav or not. That would have been cool, but like the ATM screen enough as it is.

Not so love:

Wiper location - I washed it for the first time and immediately exprienced what everyone complained about. You can't lift the wipers from its resting state. I have never had a car w/o this ability. I'm sure I'll adapt. I just hope nobody tries to put flyers on it and chip the hood edge.

Homelink location - would prefer the buttons on the visor or above near the interior lights. Also, the actual buttons do not light at night? Or are they suppose to?


That's it for now...but so far we totally love the Mo'. Happy motoring.
 

·
Just wanna help
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
AVIATB4MO said:

HIDs - our first car w/ xenons. Never again will I buy a car w/o them.
Amen!
Once you go xenon, you never go back :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Homelink location - would prefer the buttons on the visor or above near the interior lights. Also, the actual buttons do not light at night? Or are they suppose to?
Congrats on your new MO!

You're correct about the HomeLink buttons: they should be in a different location (your idea of locating them near the map lights is a great one!) and, yes, they really *should* be lit, as well as the controls on the steering wheel.

The Intelligent Key and the HID headlights are VERY cool, as well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
AVIATB4MO said:

Loves:

Intelligent Key - This has to be the coolest feature of the car. After just one day of using it, we both felt natural about using it. Way cool feature especially for her. Many times she has to dig thru her purse looking for her keys, not no Mo'!!

Not so love:

Homelink location - would prefer the buttons on the visor or above near the interior lights. Also, the actual buttons do not light at night? Or are they suppose to?
Welcome to the family !! Keep us updated on the Mods... everyone Mods !!

I'm glad to hear you got use to the intelligent key quickly. Wait until your wife gets into another car with a key and tries to start it with out using the key. I do it all the time. I'll unlock the door with the remote and put the keys in my pocket and then get in and try to start it ... say "ah crap" and have to dig into my pocket to get the keys out. :D

The homelink... the only benefit to it being on the mirror is, when i pull up to the house, the passenger (my finace ) can open the garage up. It's right in the middle of us now. :)

I'm sure along the way you will find other pro's and con's... like the mirrors fold back, or the button on the trunk or the fact you can set the doors to auto lock after 1 min of leaving the car. It's so much fun getting a new toy. Enjoy... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Inaugral post - new Mo' owner

TheGymKid said:



I'm sure along the way you will find other pro's and con's... like the mirrors fold back, or the button on the trunk or the fact you can set the doors to auto lock after 1 min of leaving the car. It's so much fun getting a new toy. Enjoy... :D

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, there are a lot of settings to play with. I'm still reading thru the manual. What I don't see is an auto lock when you drive off. Our Lincoln locked the doors after a minute of driving. Is there a way to do that?

Also, the HID manual leveler. I don't see myself using this very much. I have it set to level 2...I assume that's the 'level' setting for when the car is not loaded? I guess you can high-beam oncoming cars with your HIDs by setting it to 1 !! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
What I don't see is an auto lock when you drive off.
Luckily, the MO doesn't do that "automatically". My wife's Buick does that and it drives me crazy! Let me lock and unlock my own doors!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Welcome to the MO family and forum.
A very wise choice that you made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Inaugral post - new Mo' owner

AVIATB4MO said:

Also, the HID manual leveler. I don't see myself using this very much. I have it set to level 2...I assume that's the 'level' setting for when the car is not loaded? I guess you can high-beam oncoming cars with your HIDs by setting it to 1 !! :D
I thought the manual read that the unloaded setting was zero and you increased the number on the dial as the load increases.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Re: Re: Inaugral post - new Mo' owner

Krzydmnd said:


I thought the manual read that the unloaded setting was zero and you increased the number on the dial as the load increases.
Hmmm, not sure. That would make sense. I'll have to check on that...unless anyone else knows for sure??

When I was playing with the settings, I recall I was able to point them really low...but now I'm not sure :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,339 Posts
mine is set to zero and although i think it looks to high, oncomming drivers don't seem to have a problem with it. no ones flashed me yet. i too love the HID's never going back to halogens EVER!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
New to Murano

Hey All,
Just leased an '05 SL with touring last week. So far it's great. I rove many SUVs before and nothing is compared to MURANO. I will appriciate any suggestions on how to make it look nicer.

For those who interested my MO costs me $300 a month with taxes with $2499 out of pocket.

Best
Saabin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Re: New to Murano

SAABIN78 said:
Hey All,
Just leased an '05 SL with touring last week. So far it's great. I rove many SUVs before and nothing is compared to MURANO. I will appriciate any suggestions on how to make it look nicer.

For those who interested my MO costs me $300 a month with taxes with $2499 out of pocket.

Best
Saabin
Congrats om yout new ride, I would recommend is a lower grill cover(www.cloud-rider.com) and the cover on top of the rear bumper cover that you can get from the dealer.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,601 Posts
Congrats! So what are you driving that will stop you from stealing your wife's ride?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jaak said:
Congrats! So what are you driving that will stop you from stealing your wife's ride?
Though I can't stop thinking about her new Mo', I still love my 98 Audi A4. It has 110k miles on it since new. Runs like a champ despite high maintanence costs.

Its funny how we now have two AWD cars in 'wintery' SoCal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Re: Re: Inaugral post - new Mo' owner

Krzydmnd said:


I thought the manual read that the unloaded setting was zero and you increased the number on the dial as the load increases.
Looks like you are correct. Text from the manual:

Headlight aiming control (if so
equipped)
Depending on the number of occupants in the
vehicle and the load it is carrying, the headlight
axis may be higher than desired. If the vehicle is
traveling on a hilly road, the headlights may
directly hit the rearview mirror of the vehicle
ahead or the windshield of the oncoming vehicle.
The light axis can be lowered with the operation
of the switch.
The larger the number designated on the switch,
the lower the axis.
When traveling with no heavy load or on a flat
road, select position 0.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,601 Posts
AVIATB4MO said:


Though I can't stop thinking about her new Mo', I still love my 98 Audi A4. It has 110k miles on it since new. Runs like a champ despite high maintanence costs.

Its funny how we now have two AWD cars in 'wintery' SoCal.
Mmmm.... Tough choice... I'd say you'll be happy driving both!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top