Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im new here. I own a 04 murano. Its my 2nd week owning it. I love it. Its real smooth, and great on gas. I was on a driveway with an incline, and i had the car in drive. When i let go of the gas the car would roll backwards. this doesnt sound good, but i was thinking that its because of the cvt. does this happen to anyone elses? is this normal. also is it bad for the car if it continues to roll all the way down?
:(

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I remember reading about this issue somewhere else in this forum. From personal experience, all automatic cars (including the MO) do that. The roll really depends on the angle of incline and engine RPM but it should not be harmfull as long as it is not done for very long distances.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Having driven my Murano on the hills of San Francisco, I can report that yes the car does roll back a little on hills.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Leo said:
Hello,

Im new here. I own a 04 murano. Its my 2nd week owning it. I love it. Its real smooth, and great on gas. I was on a driveway with an incline, and i had the car in drive. When i let go of the gas the car would roll backwards. this doesnt sound good, but i was thinking that its because of the cvt. does this happen to anyone elses? is this normal. also is it bad for the car if it continues to roll all the way down?
:(
I always find it interesting that when I drive through the city that most of the timeI do not need to use the brake when I am stopped and on a hill. But when the hill exceeds 7-10 degrees I do start to roll back until I feed the engine more gas. I do not think that is any different from the old style transmission either.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Leo said:
ok cool sounds normal. thanks for the info :)
Remember to use your parking brake when parked!

The CVT doesn't "lock up" as firmly as most people are used to with automatic transmissions. I believe there's been a post or two about Muranos rolling when parked on a hill, without using the parking brake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts