Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought Nissan had standardized pricing for their service parts.

I purchased an oil filter and crush washer (for the oil drain plug) in November of last year for $6.52. Today, I purchased the same two items, but at a different dealer, and it cost $8.66. That's a 32% increase!! When I questioned the guy at the parts counter he claimed Nissan sets the prices and he has no control over it. I just love when someone looks me straight in the eye and lie their @ss off. :3:

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
Joe,

it is called "free market".....:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
njjoe said:

I purchased an oil filter and crush washer (for the oil drain plug) in November of last year for $6.52. Today, I purchased the same two items, but at a different dealer, and it cost $8.66. That's a 32% increase!! When I questioned the guy at the parts counter he claimed Nissan sets the prices and he has no control over it. I just love when someone looks me straight in the eye and lie their @ss off. :3:

-njjoe
Picked up 2 extra drain plug from local Nissan for about $7.00 on my last visit. Yikes!

NZM

·
Registered
77 Posts
njjoe said:
My experience has been that the price is "discretionary". In February, I went to PineBelt Nissan in Keyport, NJ for filters (no washers) and was told $6.50/pc. I said I like a dozen @ $5.25 each. The manager felt he had to counter it. He insisted I had to buy a "Baker dozen" (13) to get that price and I agreed. Since we also have a Maxima that uses the same filter, I will use up all 13 in a couple of years.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Inconsistent Pricing

gang said:

My experience has been that the price is "discretionary". In February, I went to PineBelt Nissan in Keyport, NJ for filters (no washers) and was told $6.50/pc.
gang-

You were told $6.50 at Pine Belt Nissan in Keyport (NJ). I paid $7.50 for the same filter at Pine Belt Nissan in Toms River (NJ). Same family of dealerships, 20 miles apart, and one sells the filter for 15% more. Go figure.

-njjoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts