Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do they say? S…..happens……….

Washed the car few days ago and noticed this “decoration” – see the pic. It looks like a wheel drove over it or a bar was pushed against the bumper. It is not that bad, barely visible but is annoying for me. Any advise how to get rid of this? Any simple solutions?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
probably not simple, but the recommendation from my brother would be to remove the bumper and assuming you can get at the back of the indentation, then "heat it up and try and push it out with something dull then cooling it with a cold rag"

I couldn't see myself trying that, I'd probably make my bumper look like a pizza :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just had a thought. Its hard to tell from your picture, but if this is an area that would be covered by the rubber bumper scratch protector, perhaps its time to get one.

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bsdx,

thanks. The black "things" next to the indentation is the scratch protector.............so much for protection. just missed it..........

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Kris, really hard to tell from the pic, is this the top side of the rear bumper in front of the liftgate?
Bob1

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it is.

I think this photo shows it better.

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
That's a tough one... I suppose the plastic might try to "relax" back to it's original position, if heated, but then you have to watch that you don't heat it so much as to damage the paint.

So the question is, how do you gently apply heat without applying so much that the paint cooks?

Other than that, I'd say you're stuck with it.

My garage is tight for two cars, so I'm always trying to squeeze over, so my sweetheart has room. I wasn't paying attention and now have some scrapes on the front right of mine...

:mad:

I'll trade!;)

I wonder if the paintless dent removal places have a technique for this?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Interesting that it dented, but the paint appears intact.
Had a similar but reverse experience on my last SUV ('00 Durango)

While exiting a parking lot got hit very gently in the rear by vehicle behind. In this case the paint rubbed off to the black below, but the bumper swelled a little, about the size of the mark in the pictures. Never did understand why, but assumed the heat, if any, generated by the friction of the two vehicles nudging was enough to cause the expansion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts