Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got equipment from Grubbs two days ago and today had my install done at Infinity Richmond (VA, West Broad St.), I was their first Murano install. I called them last week and described the issue that we MO owners are having and that Grubbs in TX was helping out...they were very happy to do the install...and did a great job. Anyone in the area should call Chris Alston to set it up (and request Ricky Moore to do the install). Ricky has done all of the G35 installs that required the pre-wire harness, and now has experience with the MO!

On another note, the service manager said that they are only pushing Sirius (because they feel its better...something I already knew), in fact, I didn't see any XM marketing material there. Also, they are recommending that you NOT use the new "low-profile" Sirius antennae because of signal loss issues....Sirius representatives were actually at their dealership recently and this issue was passed along to them. Ricky had the Kenwood version of the new Terk SIR3 Single Input low profile antennae (suppose to be the exact same antennae with a different badge), he swapped it for new ones 3 times and still had signal loss problems, he switched back to the standard antennae and has had no problems. I will be returning the Terk SIR3 to Grubbs.

By the way, I slammed NNA about the sat. radio issue in my survey....I hope that they actually read those things!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Depends on what survey you're talking about :)

The initial survey? Hell yeah they read them. That's why the dealerships are always looking for an EXCELLENT rating on that survey from you. Usually, after they bend over backwards for that and your survey is in, they care about you less and less.

Now if it's the six month survey... it's possible. I haven't filled mine out yet. Gonna do that... soon............

Glad to hear your install went well. I'm still looking for a NJ-area installer. :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the initial survey, just got my MO six weeks ago, I held on to the survey until after I went in for the infamous "window rattle" issue and after watching them squirm a little bit on the sat. radio issue (new dealership...they were totally clueless!) ...but I must admit they at least tried to get the equipment...NNA wouldn't let them order it!! The service manager told me that NNA told them that there would be severe repercussions for any Nissan dealership that did the retrofit!!! UNBELIEVABLE! (I know that some dealerships are defying NNA and doing it anyway.)

Doom, the trip from NJ to Richmond isn't too bad....at least you wouldn't have to go to TX or Atlanta. TAKE THAT MO ON A ROADTRIP!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts