Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried installing the Infinity Basslink in the Murano yet? I was thinking about getting one to boost the bass just a little, since the amp, sub, and box is all in one small footprint. I used to have an Acura RSX Type S, which had a Bose system as well, along with a very similar set-up that the subwoofer is in the Murano, in the spare wheel. I had learned that I couldn't use the speaker level inputs that go into the sub because the level was too low for an amp to recognize. Does anybody know if this would work or not?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had planned on changing the door speakers but because they're individually amplified, I'd have to bypass the Bose system all together to do so. My guess is that the subwoofer has been designed the same way.

I had a base Acura RSX and chose it over the Type S specifically because I wanted to be able to easily upgrade the sound system. Unfortunately the option to do that with the Murano doesn't exist. Eventually, I will have a complete system installed into the Murano to replace the Bose crap.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I posted in "the other" forum about this, don't know if you read it or not. Did you check the impedance of the stock Bose speakers in the doors? If they are 4 ohms, then you very well can add aftermarket speakers to the door amps. If they are 1 ohm, then no way. If you can get to them, check the speakers for everyone and let us know what the impedance would be.

I was on ClubRSX too, had a Type S with a gutted Bose System. It wasn't that hard to rewire. I didn't jumper it, just ran new wires throughout. Much better sound too. I like the mids/highs in the Murano as they are surprisingly. If you turn the bass to 0 and treble to 3, turn it up to around 22 or 23 and it sounds really clean. That's why I'm thinking I can just add a Basslink.... :p

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can get to a multimeter, put it on the horseshoe looking setting, which is for ohms, them take the red lead and put it on one terminal, and the black lead on the other. If it's a 4 ohm speaker, it should read somewhere around 3.8 on the read out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts