Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking to change my stock Bose speakers to Infinity sets.

1. Should I go with Infinity Reference 6012i for front and rear, plus Infinity Reference 1011t dome tweeter for the front. I know it's 4 ohm, but I hear good results with it.

2. Should I go with Infinity Kappa 62.7i for front and rear, and disconnect the crap stock front tweeter. They are 2 ohms like stock bose speakers.

1. Infinity Reference 6012i
General
Design 2-way
Tweeter Design 3/4" Dome
Tweeter Composition Silk
Woofer Composition Polypropylene
Woofer Surround Rubber
Parts Warranty 1 Year
Labor Warranty 1 Year
Specifications
Sensitivity 92 dB
Frequency Response 53 - 21k Hz
RMS Power Range (Watts) 2-60
Peak Power Handling (Watts) 180
Impedance (Ohms) 4
Top-mount Depth (Inches) 1 15/16
Bottom-mount Depth (Inches) N/A
Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 5

Infinity Reference 1011t
General
Tweeter Design 1" Dome
Tweeter Composition Silk
Parts Warranty 1 Year
Labor Warranty 1 Year
Specifications
Sensitivity 91 dB
Frequency Response 2500 - 21k Hz
High-Pass Crossover Frequency 2500 Hz
RMS Power Range (Watts) 2-50
Peak Power Handling (Watts) 150
Impedance (Ohms) 4
Top-mount Depth (Inches) 7/8
Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 1 13/16

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Infinity Kappa 62.7i
General
Design 2-way
Tweeter Design Dome
Tweeter Composition M.M.D.
Woofer Composition Woven-glass-fiber
Woofer Surround Rubber
Parts Warranty 3 Years
Labor Warranty 3 Years
Specifications
Sensitivity 95 dB
Frequency Response 45 - 25k Hz
RMS Power Range (Watts) 2-75
Peak Power Handling (Watts) 225
Impedance (Ohms) 2
Top-mount Depth (Inches) 2
Bottom-mount Depth (Inches) N/A
Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 5 1/8

NZM

·
Registered
75 Posts
I much prefer the sound of the Kappas. I don't have Blose so I don't know from my own experience how the Kappas sound/work with that version. YMMV.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip,
Yah, I'm fairly happy with my stock Bose speakers but sometime I miss the clarity of the better like Infinity.

I'm just thinking to replace all the dash, front, and rear speakers. Keeping the Bose stock sub and amps for now.

So, you would go with 2. Kappa speakers for front and rear. Wondering if disconnecting the Nissan stock dash tweeter will give me an enough high. That stock crap tweeters was $2.00 each and now on sale for .20 cents. No kidding~

NZM

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wondering if disconnecting the Nissan stock dash tweeter will give me an enough high. That stock crap tweeters was $2.00 each and now on sale for .20 cents. No kidding~
I know, I provided the link. :D

I recommend cutting one of the wires going to each dash tweet and covering the cut end with a little heatshrink tubing. Install the Kappas in the doors. Aim the tweeters up a bit if possible on the front door speakers; aim the driver's side tweet at the passenger's head and vice versa. I'd leave the rear door speakers' tweeters alone. I'd expect much improved sound. Don't forget that you will have external crossovers to place. You "might" be able to hide 'em in the doors. As always, YMMV. ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mahalo~

NZM

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Questions, any special tool to remove the door panel for speakers. I have done it on other cars, but not on MO yet... Don't want to brake those fragile plastics parts holding up the panel.

And Infinity speakers come with four screws and MO's stock speakers are three screws. Is it necessary to get the bracket for tight fitting or just make it on your own/drill it. I'm getting some foam speaker baffles for sure.

NZM

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went with the reference over the kappa. I listened to both before buying and there really was not that much difference. Surely not enough to justify the price difference. I put a pair of 6012's in the rear and a pair of 6010cs' in the front. The 6010's are a component set (Separate speaker and tweeter) so I placed the speaker in the door and the tweeter in the dash. They sound great. The highs are nice and soft and very pleasant on the ears. In my last ride I had a pair of Boston Pros so I know what good speakers sound like.

Wiring the component set proved to be a little difficult since you have to mount the crossover in the car and then run wires to the tweeters in the dash and to the speakers in the door. Mounting the Infinities was also a little challenging I ended up having to build my own bracket. No special tools are required to remove the door panels.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pacmo said:
I went with the reference over the kappa. I listened to both before buying and there really was not that much difference. Surely not enough to justify the price difference. I put a pair of 6012's in the rear and a pair of 6010cs' in the front. The 6010's are a component set (Separate speaker and tweeter) so I placed the speaker in the door and the tweeter in the dash. They sound great. The highs are nice and soft and very pleasant on the ears. In my last ride I had a pair of Boston Pros so I know what good speakers sound like.

Wiring the component set proved to be a little difficult since you have to mount the crossover in the car and then run wires to the tweeters in the dash and to the speakers in the door. Mounting the Infinities was also a little challenging I ended up having to build my own bracket. No special tools are required to remove the door panels.
That's might just workout! Especially if you want to keep the speakers to your next car, knowing it's 4ohms...you may lose some volume level but should be loud enough. The reviews are pretty good on those puppy, some even like it over Kappa.
Thanks~

NZM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts