Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic and link for the parrot bluetooth car kit, this is a cool device. Has :-

- Voice recognition with 2 x sampling to improve recognition
- Contacts from phone upload to carkit
- Small footprint
- Jog dial for quick retrieval of contacts not voice tagged

http://www.driveblue.com/(bsh3guary1yiwq45dejkno45)/Default.aspx?root=ck3100

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've seen this product in person, it's pretty cool. But is there any way to integrate it with the Bose stereo? As far as I know, there's nothing off the shelf, correct? I've seen rumblings in another thread of a homemade "MB-01" adapter. Are there instructions/plans somewhere to make that?

Bluetooth is the one big thing that I really miss (and can't believe the MO doesn't offer!)

·
4,601 Posts
With the Bose system ( outboard power amp ) it would be possible to have the Parrot mute, or drop significantly, the audio levels and feed the audio through selected speakers.

I need to dig up the links again, but it's been done by a few people for conventional hands free car kits.

First one I saw, started like this for a guy's FX....

I helped him out with it, and he sent me a board. Which I populated and finally put in, after months of looking at it.

I think it's been brought up before, but if not, let me know and I'll post the details!

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All

I had the parrot installed previously in a Holden Frontera (GM Rodeo in the States).

The parrot was hard wired in line with the speaker outputs so it effectively broadcast through the Stereo and muted the CD or radio when dialing or receiving a call.

As it is Bluetooth (which I still don't consider a mature technology) there are times when the phone does not connect to the parrot when dialing or receiving calls.

THe O/S is upgradeable on the phone and Parrot so hopefully it will improve.

Overall though it was an effective handsfree kit. Will let you know how the installation goes next week and supply some photos.

Anyone got some suggestions on the best place to install the Jog Dial and LCD unit ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jaak said:
With the Bose system ( outboard power amp ) it would be possible to have the Parrot mute, or drop significantly, the audio levels and feed the audio through selected speakers.

I need to dig up the links again, but it's been done by a few people for conventional hands free car kits.

First one I saw, started like this for a guy's FX....

I helped him out with it, and he sent me a board. Which I populated and finally put in, after months of looking at it.

I think it's been brought up before, but if not, let me know and I'll post the details!
Hi Jaak

Got the guy back who installed it originally in my old ride as I had no wiring diagram for it and he could not hook the Parrot up to the Stereo because of the AMP and no mute button. Ended up with a speaker under the drivers console.

Mounted the LCD display under the middle HVAC controls. Interested in your Mod as I miss the auto cut off the stereo when receiving calls and also hearing callers in stereo.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Relay

I assume you have eliminated the Bose as it has a mute input.

So you might like to investigate using a relay activated by the Parrot, It's mute goes to ground when calling in or out to cause an appropriate type relay to function and switch the inputs to you present amp from the sound system audio input to the parrot input?

You get the idea I am sure.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Relay

GripperDon said:
Hi Grip

No we could not find the mute input, Oz spec Bose does not have a Satt so I assume that's why one isn't fitted. (will email Bose to make sure). I still have the Bose H/U.

Not too sure how to solve this one

·
4,994 Posts
Re: Re: Relay

ekka said:

Hi Grip

No we could not find the mute input, Oz spec Bose does not have a Satt so I assume that's why one isn't fitted. (will email Bose to make sure). I still have the Bose H/U.

Not too sure how to solve this one

I have dealt with

E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

She was both very helpfull and informed.

G

·
4,601 Posts
In North America, the Bose does have a pin for the mute, as well as pins for audio in from a cell phone.

Unfortunately, the parts aren't installed, so it's not functional.

The Radio is shared with many Nissan/Infiniti models and depending on which, determines what parts are stuffed.

So you have to do it an alternate way. If you have an external amp on your Bose, click on the link I gave above and it will show you what you can do as an alternate. It's not a "proper" solution in that it's a bit of a fudge to take an unbalanced signal and run it into a balanced one, however, it does work.

The "Bose" radio is made by Clarion, which used to be majority owned by Nissan. So far, no one's been able to find anyone here, at Clarion that has any info on it, so I'm sure it's all done in Japan.

·
4,601 Posts
Circled on the top left, missing parts for the cell phone audio in.

Circled on the bottom right, missing parts for the audio mute.

Bummer. If I had another radio to play with, I'd figure it out, but it sucks to drive your Murano around with the dash gutted.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Parrot Installed

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cockpit effect

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All of the accessories installed with no holes drilled.

1) iPod bracket held in by H/U
2) Phone is a clip on piece especially made piece for the Murano from Clic On
3) Parrot LCD display is stick on

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jaak said:
If you have an external amp on your Bose, click on the link I gave above and it will show you what you can do as an alternate.
Is that what I have to do ?

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/vi...er=asc&start=15

I thought of doing your idea to lower the headunit radio volume during a call, but I felt it would be too distracting - so I mute it totally. I bet I'm missing my NAV voice commands during a cell call - but what the heck, no biggie for me. Yes, it would be easy to mix some of the headunit audio during a call. Or I could have just switched the front speakers to the cell call and left the rears playing the radio. That might work out too for some.

My 8 resistors are inline with the cell audio and turned out to be 500 ohms. Four resistors branch off the + speaker lead and go to the + side of each differntial amp input. Four resistors go from the (-) speaker output and feed the 4 (-) amp inputs. I chose a value that attenuated the cell audio since it was about 2 volts (intended for the cheap Motorola speaker). I figured these resistors would also prevent the amp inputs from interacting with one another which might have happened if I had paralleled all 4 inputs together and attenuated the cell audio before that point. I did use a 1N4148 across the coil to prevent spikes from reaching the Motorola junction box and also used a 50 ohm resister in line with the relay coil to minimize current draw.

My 2 relays are from Mouser Electronics - $10 each - that is the most expensive part of the mod - Omron 653-G6A-434P-DC12. I tried something new on the circuit boards- I designed them online using this free software from expresspcb.com . That software is a ton of fun to use and the $60 it cost me to make 3 boards was worth it in entertainment value alone! Better than Las Vegas. See http://www.expresspcb.com

·
4,994 Posts
Re: Relay

GripperDon said:

So you might like to investigate using a relay activated by the Parrot, It's mute goes to ground when calling in or out to cause an appropriate type relay to function and switch the inputs to you present amp from the sound system audio input to the parrot input?

You get the idea I am sure.
Ekka, You did get the Idea and really went the next step. nice.

·
4,601 Posts
I'm interested in your radio... Never seen one like that, in a Murano.

Are all the radio functions in that little display? Do you get any radio related functions on the large display?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Re: Relay

GripperDon said:

Ekka, You did get the Idea and really went the next step. nice.
Hi Grip

My post was misleading and will edit it, I lifted the text from a thread Jaak send and was confirmation if that is what has to be done to mute radio and the phone feed thu the H/U.

Might wait till I hear back from BOSE

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jaak said:
I'm interested in your radio... Never seen one like that, in a Murano.

Are all the radio functions in that little display? Do you get any radio related functions on the large display?
Are all the radio functions in that little display? Yes

Do you get any radio related functions on the large display? no, can't see the point of the Large display as it only shows time, MPG, service intervals, tyre rotation and trip meters.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts